World Cup Football Thread

ARGH!
I know! Brazil lost. With Brazil AND Australia AND Argentina (Go Crespo!) out, why would anyone even bother watching the finals... Stupid Italy...

Originally posted by SiDe@Jul 4 2006, 11:27 PM
ARGH!
I know! Brazil lost. With Brazil AND Australia AND Argentina (Go Crespo!) out, why would anyone even bother watching the finals... Stupid Italy...
I know... :angry: I had high hopes for Australia...

Sid, you follow cricket? Because I found a miniature cricket bat with signatures of the complete Aussie team, here at a flea market... I paid two bucks for it... :p I'd like to know if it is real. I recognize Allan Border and Steve Waugh. So it's probably from late 80s early 90's... Do you know where I can find autograph samples?

The lady who sold it to me also had a Slazenger bat, which she told me is a "rug beater" :lol:

WTF!!!! Italy won! That was crazy. I don't know how I feel about it.

Originally posted by cultclassic+Jul 5 2006, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Jul 5 2006, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SiDe@Jul 4 2006, 11:27 PM
ARGH!
I know... :angry: I had high hopes for Australia...

Sid, you follow cricket? Because I found a miniature cricket bat with signatures of the complete Aussie team, here at a flea market... I paid two bucks for it... :p I'd like to know if it is real. I recognize Allan Border and Steve Waugh. So it's probably from late 80s early 90's... Do you know where I can find autograph samples? [/b][/quote]
I think my dad has team signatures from around then. I'll see if I can find them and get back to you. Otherwise you chould check out sports memorbilia websites maybe?

Goddamnit, France. Italy better win but I have a feeling they won't. :(

Wasn't that the captain? He should know better. :lol:

it was zidane, one of the greatest players in history....and that was the last match of his career - such a sad way to go :(

Originally posted by sickboy@Jul 10 2006, 02:33 AM
other than that, what did you think about the game?
well it was certainly interesting, the penalty in the first half, well, it takes some real guts to take a penalty like that :lol:

i must say i do believe italy deserved it more than france

I hate Italy, but they deserved to win the game. I still think penalty kicks are an idiotic way to decide a game though. :annoyed:

And it sucks to Zidane go out like that.

Back