Words that sound erotic-related but aren't

SiDe

Pro Member
Reaction score
That anonymous thread where y'all started talkin' aboot words that sound funny-like got me a-thinkin aboot a question a friend asked me once.

Why are there so many words that sound really seedy and sex-related, but are just not.

For example, "erect" which holds so many connotations that it shouldn't.

And "moist".

And phlebotomy sounds a bit suss too...

any others?

ooh titulate! (sp?)

HAHA.

and you provided a clicky. Props.

Throb.

I was reading Sherlock Holmes and it went something like
"we were having a late breakfast, when Holmes ejaculated..."
and I'm like WHOA!! :lol: I guess nobody uses that word nowadays without the sexual meaning...

Originally posted by cultclassic@Mar 23 2006, 08:04 PM
Musta been a pretty good breakfast :naughty: :lol:

Originally posted by cultclassic@Mar 23 2006, 08:04 PM
:lol: :lol: That was in one of the Adventures, wasn't it?

Originally posted by ledzepgrl+Mar 23 2006, 08:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ledzepgrl @ Mar 23 2006, 08:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cultclassic@Mar 23 2006, 08:04 PM
Musta been a pretty good breakfast :naughty: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: TOAST.

Originally posted by leone+Mar 23 2006, 09:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Mar 23 2006, 09:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cultclassic@Mar 23 2006, 08:04 PM
:lol: :lol: That was in one of the Adventures, wasn't it? [/b][/quote]
I don't remember, I read it during the last hurricanes. I have the anthology, the Complete Works. So I don't know which book it was. But that word appears a lot though, in those Victorian era fiction. :)

Originally posted by dascoot+Mar 23 2006, 06:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Mar 23 2006, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ledzepgrl@Mar 23 2006, 08:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cultclassic
@Mar 23 2006, 08:04 PM

Musta been a pretty good breakfast :naughty: :lol:
:lol: :lol: TOAST. [/b][/quote]
F yeah! I know that would come in handy sometime. :lol:

Originally posted by cultclassic@Mar 23 2006, 11:55 PM
I don't remember, I read it during the last hurricanes. I have the anthology, the Complete Works. So I don't know which book it was. But that word appears a lot though, in those Victorian era fiction. :)
:lol:

Speaking of hurricanes, my dad heard from one of his buddies that we could get hit by a strong hurricane this season. So then, he does the intelligent thing and tells my mom. She's already planning escape routes. :mellow:

Back