Wizard of Oz

I have been trying to find this song for the longest time. The "Wizard of Oz" special aired sometime last year....i think either summer or fall, and this was the theme to it. Along with my first request, I have two others. One you might have heard years ago on Road Rules, the other just used to be played on MTV and certain rock radio stations. Please feel free to suggest anything....i love these songs and its been driving me crazy!

1. This one was from the theme from the "Wizard of Oz" tv special. this was when one of the prime time networks were showing the movie on 3 special nights, (or something like that) and there was this song playing in the background (it reminded me of something moby would do) with a woman singing "{Mama} don't leave me ... all by myself". She sang it in a way that almost sounded gospel. it was sort of an ambient song.

2. This song is fast....it reminds you of something by Fatboy Slim...it might even be him...but, anyway...i swear it says "Can't stop the rush, can't stop the rush." There's a lot of organ music in it, a constant dance beat, and the voice that's saying the "can't stop the rush" part is electronic. It used to be a popluar song that you heard all over. i never hear it anymore :(

3. This one seems more like a electronica-meets-rock kind of song. the only part i remember from this song is when they say "Sing Alleluia" and the beat starts up again. i loved this song....it came out maybe 1998ish.

i wasnt sure of where else to stick these requests, but i hope someone recognizes these songs in here. thanks for the help in advance!

thank you for trying, but that wasn't it. the whole "Mama, don't leave me...all by myself..." part was the part of the song that struck me. the song you gave me reminded me of it, but there was no strong vocalist. the instrumental music was similar.

the song i'm really strung out about is song #2....i LOVED that song and it was played a lot during the late 90's/early 2000 on tv. sounds like something you would hear on a car commercial. I'm not even sure if the words "can't stop the rush..." are correct...all I know is the vocals were very electronic. and the organ was strong, too.

it's probably a song everyone already knows about, but I'm not describing it right.

thank you, though, for your help!

"In This World" by Moby was used in the "The Wizard of Oz" commercials a few years ago, but they changed it to the similar "Moby Duck" song for 2005. So, the "Lordy, don't leave me..." song is called "In This World" by Moby.

So The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite movies and I remember a while back, i believe it was in 2003, the WB aired a trailer for it using the music to Moby's "In this world". I just want to see the trailer again! I loved that trailer and ever since the WB switched over or whatever the website sucks! Ive tried Youtube and everything, so if anyone knows where I can see that trailer please help?!

Back