Wizard of Oz

Hi! I stumbled on here by accident, then looked at the clip (thanks for the link!), and I am HOOKED on that song. It is going to drive me crazy. I too have emailed The Wb and asked about it. Hopefully someone there will tell us what it is.

I've been through what I could find of the Devics and am going through some more Moby. It's especially maddening because The WB can be very creative in finding and using new artists or less "mainstream" music. It could be anything! :wacko:

Oh yeah, I also checked out Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval, and didn't find anything. :(
This. Is. Going. To. Drive. Me. Insane.

That is a great song. I want to know aswell!!. It sounds like, BJORK or MASSIVE ATTACK. I don't know the song but it sounds like the artists. Something to try :) GOOD LUCK!!

You should also try PORTISHEAD. Same style of music. I was also thinking it might me MOBY, but I listened to most of the songs already. No luck. Try PORTISHEAD

It is exactly the same video and voice over as the original promo WB created and aired in 2002. That Oz promo was called "The Dark Side of Oz" (a nod to the Pink Floyd rumor) and it used Moby's "In This World." They also re-aired the same promo in 2003. It was brilliant!

I recall in 2004 they changed the music to something that was not creepy (actually happier and more generic), but it still used the same video, and it was awful. Totally ruined the original intention of the promo.

In 2005, WB went back to the creepy music, and while it wasn't Moby, it kept the spirit and intentions of the original spot.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the Moby song was cost-prohibitive and that WB licensed a similar-sounding cut from a production library (which is usually not for sale to the public).

Hopefully not, as I like the song too, but if it is a "not for resale" song, it will take a lot of work to track it down.

THANK YOU! I've emailed our local WB station. I hope it's not a production-library-only song. :( But that would explain why it's so hard to find!!

I GOT AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!

:::::::::doing Snoopy Happy Dance:::::::::::

Since the email for our local WB station kept getting kicked back, I looked up another online and asked them. :)

<<It is actually from a Music Library and it's by Moby Duck. Kindly go to
this site, click Search and then type
"Moby Duck" in the search field. You'll be rewarded with the cue used on
the Wizard Of Oz promos that ran in Nov. & Dec. of 2005.

http://www.focusmusic.com/frames.asp

Thanks for visiting wb39.com!

WB39 WBZL Webmaster>>

Oh yeah, I forgot the little "answered" icon on my last post!

WBZL Webmaster <wbzl-webmaster@tribune.com>

I already emailed them a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

Ah-ha, I had a feeling that was what they did. Found production music geared to sound like Moby (thus the name Moby Duck), and thus much less expensive for the WB to use in the promo.

Great work!

Wonder if there is a version longer than :30, and if they would even sell it to the public?

After all the e-mailing, someone finally responds! Thanks so much!

Searching the site, I found that the track "Moby Duck" is by Daniel Knight and it's on one of their CDs entitled "Vocal Soundscapes 2." So, does anyone want to pretend that they have a company so that they can purchase the CD and then share it with the rest of us? ;)

I just made something,

I don't know if anybody would want it

But it's kind of a 'remix' of the song.

There are some patchy parts

I'm not an expert, sorry

But it's 2:00 minutes long

Anyone interested?

IF IT IS UPLOADABLE I will

If not. Sorry :(

Usually uploads are frowned upon here. But if you have your own blog/site, put it there.

OH! CHEESYRECIPE!

I LOVE YOU!

This version sounds SO MUCH BETTER than the one I have!!!

OH THIS IS SO COOL!!

I really want to download it.

We need to say we're a complany or something, right?

Can I say for a school project?

Will I get sued?

Not cool

Hi there. They won't let u join unless ure a bonefide production company, tv channel etc. Saying it's for school work, or trying to register false details etc. won't gain u access I'm afraid (haha, i know, i tried a while back!).

However, why don't u email the library in question and tell them u like the track and can u have a copy! Alot of the guys that work for these sorts of libraries are reasonable dudes who are usually happy to help!

Give it a go. U never know.

Cheers, Cheesy

Back