The Shield

I just heard a new "The Shield" commercial today (1/8/06) that sounds like
an old Johnny Cash tune.
Anyone know the title?

Originally posted by bswarm@Jan 8 2006, 11:52 PM
I just heard a new "The Shield" commercial today (1/8/06) that sounds like an old Johnny Cash tune.
"Hurt" by Johnny Cash

There's 3 different commercials out for The Shield right now that have good music,
The first is Johnny Cash- Hurt
The second is John Cena- Bad Man
The third is ?????????????????????.....

The lyrics sound like they're saying "Alright yall, come on... put your hands in the air ( or ayo)"... i cant catch it in time with closed caption to tell but if anyone knows let me know!!! THANKS!

The song is "Bad Man" by John Cena & Trademarc featuring Bumpy Knuckles.

Its NOT any of the following

Hurt - Johnny Cash
Bad Man - John Cena
moby & public enemy - xxx state of the union - mklvfkwr (yeah, this was in one of them).

The one I'm looking for was actually hard rock and had catchy lyrics. Ive only seen it once and cant remember the lyrics but im dying to know the name of the song. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah I've heard this ad too... it sounds like something by Staind... Hope that helps jog someone's memory.

-"The Master"

I think part of the lyrics was "Take me from a world that's so unkind." or something to that effect. If that helps the search any at all...

Im pretty sure the one your looking for (theres actually 4 songs, im looking for the 4th...a hard rock tune) is a song by Moby and Public Enemy. I forgot the name, its weird, but the song is by them. Weird combination...I know.

There is 4 songs 1 is BAD BAD MAN by JOHN CENA, another is HURT by JONNY CASH, 1 of them is by MOBY i dont remeber the name though, and i dont no the 4 one.
I hope that helped you.

Hey Curtisg is it "Club Foot" by Kasabian... that song has popped up in a few commercials and it appears to be throwing everyone off, people will make a reference to it in one commercial not realizing that it has appeared in about 5 or 6 product commercials or tv show commercials. Try that one.

Thanks, but that's not it either. It's something more along the lines of, say, Saliva or Deftones.

Are you sure of that lyric? Could it be "in a world so cold"? If so, I think the group is Mudvayne.

I've not seen the ads, so ...

But going off of the last post by KGaskins ...

Maybe Crossfade - "Cold" ???

I dunno ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

nope non of them but ill look around see if i find anything.

what song are thoise noises they sound like backwards violins, i recognize them but cant place them on a song. anyone got a lead?

ok..commercial..a chick lying on the beach with a red tarp-like think hanging in backround..then all of a sudden i think it was a tank comes through and runs over everything. its a woman singing the song in the backround..something like "take me down..." or whatever, i cant remember..but peeps say it might be a song by the band garbage. i dunno. it is a slow song with a deep bass-line. plz help!

You're thinking of the commercials for Over There.

The song is Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground.

The promo for F/X's new season of The Shield aired during Nip/Tuck tonight. It was a flyover shot of the city, ending on a cemetery.

Some of the lyrics for the slow, dark guitar song were "There's a beast / I let it run"

Thanks in advance!

It's called "This Night" by the band "Black Lab" (also did a song on the Buffy TV series soundtrack called "Keep Myself Awake".)

I can't find anything about "This Night". Not listed on the band's site, can't find lyrics anywhere, nothing. Sounds like the same band though. Is it a new song or something?

Back