The Shield

Yes, it's a new song released exclusively in the Shield trailer for the time being. I *thought* I recognized the band's sound when I heard it, but I couldn't quite place from where. This song may be on their new album, but I don't know that for sure.

The song is by black lab - called "This Night". The band has just released more info on their site (i have been searching for ages)....

It is a part of their upcoming album, entitled "Passion Leaves A Trace" - which apparently will be released on January 16th. It is available for pre-order now, and when I ordered it, I was able to download the full track of "This Night" as an mp3.

The song is also available for download on its own. I listened to their previous albums on iTUnes and they sound awesome, so I bought the full record.

THe information about the Shield and the album etc is all at the following URL.

http://blacklabworld.com/blw/pages/thisnight.html

Thanks very much everyone! It's much appreciated.

Here are the lyrics, as transcribed by me, for everyone who's interested (and to make this numero uno for Google searches about it):

This Night
by Black Lab

There are things
I have done
There's a place
I have gone

There's a beast
And I let it run
Now it's running my way

There are things
I regret
You can't forgive
You can't forget

There's a gift
That you send
You send it my way

So take this night
Wrap it around me
Like a sheet
I know I'm not forgiven
But I need a place to sleep

So take this night
And lay me down on the street
I know I'm not forgiven
But I hope that I'll be given
Some peace

There's a game
That I played
There are rules
I had to break

There's mistakes
That I made
But I made 'em my way

So take this night
Wrap it around me
Like a sheet
I know I'm not forgiven
But I need a place to sleep

So take this night
And lay me down on the street
I know I'm not forgiven
But I hope that I'll be given
Some peace

Some peace

Does anyone have any idea of the song title and artist used in the new promo for the upcoming season of "The Shield". Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me bats*it!

Anyone know the song played in the trailer/commercial for The Shield. It shows 2 of the characters standing at a gravesite.

I recently saw a new promo for The Shield. In the background, Country Roads was playing. However, not by John Denver. Anyone know who is doing this version?

Does anyone know that cool slower song that was in the trailer spot on FX before this season began?

It is where it zooms in from the sky over the city to the cemetary where Vic is standing near a grave site!

That song is AWESOME and I cannot find it anywhere!

Does anybody know the music the The Shield final season promo with the background drums like a candence?

this is by xecutioners, it's the theme song off of The Shield life in the streets, soundtrack. called just another day.

I think there's a new commecial out, I was hoping somebody could help me with the song on that one. I'm pretty sure it's not the song mentioned above, it's slower, but I can't seem to catch the words to it.

It does sound like Beck in the advertisement, but it's even slower than Farewell Ride and has a more acoustic sound with a choral background behind Beck.

it is beck farewell ride, but does anyone know the remix/version of it? i found 4 versions on itunes and the one in the commercial is not any of those. thanks.

Just in case you're still wondering, one of the commercials has "Farewell Ride" by Beck in it. It's the one featuring only Vic.

Back