The O.C. Season 4

Radiohead cover on The OC season 4

Anyone know who did the Radiohead cover on the Dec 14 episode of the OC. My memory tells me it is Karma Police, but I'm not sure anymore...
Thanks!

negative on karma police - it's paranoid android. good cover i thought.

First I just want to say that I have been hearing alot about the music in the OC from some friends. How the crazy catchy music I listen to they have heard in some of the episodes... that is awesome... so I wanted to check it out b/c Grey's Anatomy wasn't on and I haven't seen an episode since the first season.

Getting to the matter of things, There was song towards the end of last nights episode that was sung by a man and slow-rockish, it was like a soft-rock ballad? I have checked almost everything pertaining to the music of the OC and nothing has come up. If anyone knows please help!

Ashtar Command - Into Dust

It's a cover of Mazzy Star's version, and a quite good one in my mind.

i am thinking that's the one... if not you picked on hell of a song to give me thanks!

Of course it's the one. You don't exactly pull names like that outa your butt for fun. Lol. It's a rockin tune. I've been listening to it over and over since I saw the episode last night.

What is the song that ended tonight's O.C.? THe lyricis start out with "Boys and girls in cars..."

The Commander Thinks Aloud by The Long Winters

Boys and girls in cars
Dogs and birds on lawns
From here I can touch the sun
Yeah yeah

Put your jackets on
I feel we're being born
The Tropic of Capricorn is below
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

We stall above the pole
Still your face is young
As we feel our weight return
Yeah yeah

A trail of shooting stars
The horses call of storm
Because the air contains the charge
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

The radio is on
And Houston knows the score
Can you feel it?
We're almost home
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

The crew compartment's breaking up

I heard Mazzy Star's Into Dust online today and I'm positive that I have either heard it on a movie or TV Show (not House though, I seen it on another thread, but I don't watch House). Does anyone have any ideas maybe? I know this is exactly the opposite way to ask stuff on Adtunes, but heck, I thought I'd ask. :blush:

Mazzy Star's "Into Dust" has been used repeatedly in the OC. Specifically the first season. Ashtar Commander covered the song (quite well I might add) this season in the Christmas episode. I highly recomend both versions, so download Ashtar as well. I do not believe the song has been used anywhere else, but I could be wrong. The only reason I say that is because Fox has specifically purchased to the rights to "Into Dust" as well as Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" for the OC (however, they have only used Jeff Buckley and Imogen Heap's covers of "Hallelujah"...) But there are countless artists who have covered "Hallelujah." I would not be surprised if once the OC sees it's demise in February, that the rights will be open, and used once more by other well known shows.

Hope this helps.

I believe it has been played on the O.C. (cover) and it was in the movie Foxfire but not credited. I think it has been played somewhere else though....

Thanks Sarah and Jamala86! That explains it. I had no idea that Fox bought the rights. Those are two beautiful songs! And yes, I think you are right about the OC, it will probably be off quite soon. It got popular too fast and fell down hill even faster. Thanks again all!

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SONG THAT PLAYED AT THE END OF THE SHOW WHEN JULIE WENT BACK TO FREAK... IT WAS A GUY SINGING AND IT WAS A PRETTY SLOW SONG...?

ANYONE KNOW?

Any one kno the name of the song... they lyrics go life is just a dream where we cant say what we mean... no telling where we'll be in a day or a weak theres no promise of peace of happiness....

Back