The Krays

No, it sounds the same but it isn't It is O Fortuna. Some people think the song we are looking for may be a remade version.

Generally speaking, this is not a classical piece. This is something that is/was in a music production company collection that they allow others to use. The question now is WHICH production music company and WHAT collection.

It is NOT a classical piece.

Repeat: NOT a classical piece.

This website will self-destruct in ten seconds.

J

ok... umm...

are you sure this isn't a classical piece?

if it isn't, it sure circulates A LOT for something in a music library... AND it's been used for things ever since i can remember.

If it was a classical piece, it would circulate a great deal more.

Besides, the Krays was over a decade ago, many music libraries of that age can get sold on a secondary market by that time.

It may even be the Turner library which has been seen for sale on various sites (minimum of $500 pricetag, as I recall). As for other circulation, I've seen such music library pieces as Redrum get massive circulation without anyone on the market getting their hands on it.

Were it not for the online presence of these companies, I'd doubt we'd know much about those pieces, if anything at all.

J

I thought of a guaranteed way to find the name and composer of this piece of music. 100% guaranteed.

Take this music (even if you have to pull it from that old Kray's trailer)and use it in a very public and commercial way. A new trailer, tv commercial, what ever.

Within days of it hitting the airwaves, a lawyer representing the composer or copyright holder will appear on the scene to sue. Then everyone will know finally have the answer.

No the google question has been touched on earlier. It has nothing to do with the"The Kray" soundtrack or the movie itself.

The song has nothing to do with "The Krays" it is just one of the easier links to find.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this also used in the new "Capital One" commercial where the Vikings storm the mall? :huh: :unsure:

Yup,been there,done that...That piece of music is the ubiquitous "O Fortuna" from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

I think I hear it in the background of the Troy DVD commercial that's playing now.
(or something that sounds very similar.)

I was just wondering, is this thread one of the longest one's ever? If anyone remembers, what other songs/threads took this long? :eek:

hi gals and pals. i recently became addicted to finding this piece after downloading a low quality midi on my cell phone. upon research it seems that i may have stumbled onto a trail of sorts. on the download site for the tone the song is coming up as a piece from verdi's requiem. this may be a longshot but it's the best i can do. if i get any leads i''ll fill you in.

P.S. forgive my spelling errors, it's 3am and i'm tired of looking!

AIM: webkattX

the tile is Messa De Reqiuem..
it seems that this verdi guy may have very well been the originator of this piece. i have yet to see the kranks trailer but i am assuming this is the song you all are referring too. i'm not to sure but let me know, must sleep

The Dies Irae is simply a verse of the Messa di Requiem, it is more than posible the portion suggested by webkatt is simply a different portion of the Requiem than the Dies Irae. I will update with more information about that section of the somposition as I learn it, hopefully it can narrow the search. I'll likely also have to listen the the soundclip again.

This is the list of contents for the sheet-music score to the Messa di Requiem, in english. The Italian names are next to them, and track #2 is the Dies Irae that we know the piece in question ISN'T, but if, according to webkatt, her version was titled Messa di Requiem, it could have been any of these 14 tracks. I say 14 'cause we know it probably isn't #2, and #16 seems to be something different or special.

1. Requiem & Kyrie (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Requiem. Kyrie
2. Day of Anger (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Dies irae
3. Hark! the Trumpet (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Tuba mirum
4. Now the Record (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Liber scriptus
5. What Affliction (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Quid sum miser
6. King of Glories (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Rex tremendae
7. Ah! Remember (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Recordare
8. Sadly groaning (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Ingemisco
9. From the Accursed (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Confutatis
10. Ah! what weeping (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Lacrimosa
11. Oh, Lord God (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Domine Jesu
12. Holy (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Sanctus
13. Lamb of God (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Angus Dei
14. Light Eternal (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Lux aeterna
15. Lord, deliver my soul (Verdi-Requiem) - Messa di Requiem: Libera me
16. ________________________ - Orpheus, Sym Peom S98 NBC SO/Arturo Toscanini

"Dies Irae" is part of Messa De Requiem by Verdi (a version of which you can go listen to on Amazon).

Regardless, the piece is not part of it. And, as far as I know, there are no other works called Messa De Requiem.

Like I said previously, the work is part of a long-forgotten music production library.

How do I know? Well, a few telltale signs:

1. Despite a multitude of posts, no one on Google Answers knows it. Even after an exhaustive search by several people.

2. It has been heard around television and movie ads, but I've never heard it within an actual television or movie production.

3. The piece borrows styles from Mozart, Verdi, and (especially) Orff. Music production libraries are often accused of this liberal classical and not-so-classical borrowing.

4. If it was a classical piece, there would certainly be someone, somewhere who knows what it is and would have given an answer somewhere (especially for the $200 Google Answers question). And yet, nothing.

5. It's been posted and asked about in many other places, yet remains a mystery.

To me, this screams ancient music production library.

So, unless someone in the biz who has heard the music and remembers what it's from happens to stroll past Google Answers, this forum, or a multitude of others (and, of course, is willing to share), we may never find out the answer.

- J

Hello Adtunes world.

I know the song in question. It is the intro music used in the PC game Phantasmagoria, released way back. im doing some research :ph34r: and should have the results im minutes.

Heres what i found.

Even the most amazing visual movies and games, is nothing without sound. Luckily, Roberta Williams(The creator of Phantasmagoria) knew this, and hired Mark Seibert to make the music. She really did get the right man. The Music is both haunting and beautiful, like the song in the Intro, a powerful piece with choir and latin choruses sung out, and later on during a tender moment, a beautiful piano piece. There are mostly real life instruments used during cutscenes, while Midi Music(High quality however) is used for the normal gameplay music. Yes, go ahead and make a grim, but know this, the normal music is VERY good and it only makes the game more spooky

Sorry folks, looks like a comissioned piece. Since i found this, can someone please get me the honda civic hybrid commercial music. lol

Back