The Krays

No im sorry, all i got was the name. I guess you could purchase the game. Im checking on networks to find and confirm. I know its this song, but i need help locating it, to actually listen to it again.

Sorry, misleading. That is definatly not the song, guess i want the 200 bucks too badly. I know the song, ive heard it everywhere. Give me a couple days to track it down.

Ok, did some checking on the festivals site. heres what i got.

Prijzen: Internationale Competitie "De impact van muziek op film"
Jury
Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller, Mike Figgis, Michel Khleifi, Gilles Durieux & Fons Rademakers

Grand Prize of the Flemish Community for Best Film: Zamri, Oumi, Voskresni by Vitali Kanevski
Georges Delerue Prize for Best Music: Michael Kamen for The Krays
Robert Wise Prize for Best Director: Michel Brault for Noces De

Doesent tell me what song or music it was. Bastards. keep u posted.

The track in question did NOT feature in the movie 'The Krays', only in the trailer.

Since the trailer was aired in 1990, we at least know we are looking for a composition prior to that date.

It may well be from a production library but, given it's extensive use, someone, somewhere must know its origin...

FYI: I heard this song again tonight being used in a preview for next week's 2/14 "Fear Factor: Couples" Finale...

Originally posted by ad-rock@Feb 7 2005, 06:26 PM
FYI: I heard this song again tonight being used in a preview for next week's 2/14 "Fear Factor: Couples" Finale...
I heard that too! I was about to change channels when that popped up. Finally a new lead to finding the name/composer of this tune.

I was watching Ten Sports recently and thn i saw one promo of WWE (donno which one coz i dont follow WWE) but it 100% used the same song

It was kinda intro to a fight of 2 wrestlers (i think Big show vs kurt angle .. but im not sure) ..

For the love of Mike, the creepy opera music is from the Chappel Library and it is called Declamation.

I got this from a site called http://firstcom.com :

You can go there and hear the piece. Worked best for me on RealPlayer.

Song title: Declamation
Song description: Powerful, driving classical choral theme
Styles: Orchestral, Dramatic, Entertainment
Moods: Aggressive, Powerful, Mysterious, Dramatic
Tempo: Up
Instrumentation: Large Group
Composer(s)/Arranger(s): Chris Payne
Publisher(s)/Affiliation(s): ZFC Music(ASCAP)
Library name: Chappell Library
CD title: Horror/Gothic/Modern
Disc: 188

blin38, you beautiful bastard! :D

For anyone who wants a quick link to hear it, go to the preview page on the site.

So, I was right from the first, it is from an old music library (released in 1994, to be precise). And the disc it's on is full of other interesting pieces as well.

Finally, at long last, AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, we can mark this question answered.

J

Blin, you are my hero. I"ve been silently watching people struggle with this mystery all over the internet. The longer it went on, the more I wanted to know the answer as well. and I'm thrilled you gave a link to the full piece so we could hear it in its entirety. The middle was a surprise.... very tranquil......... like the calm before the storm. I believe somewhere.. google perhaps..... there was even a reward offered for solving this. If you were the first, I hope you received the $$$$ you were due. Bravo to Chris the composer & cheers to you. *uses the "clapping hands & cheering" emoticon here if there were one*
Canadagirl

Blin38... You're a freakin' inspiration to us all... I dunno how you stumbled across this, but I've been workin' like mad to try to find this ... apparently on the wrong track, but... Thanks a million for finding this, now all I have to do is get a copy, and you will have actually made my month.

This Chris Payne chap is a bleedin' genius, too...

So. Now that we've found it, how do we get it. I can't even listen to it online there, though apparently the Mac platform doesn't behave the way its supposed to. There wasn't a link to purchase "Disc 188" out there even. I was most disappointed. Anyone with further information here...?

Thank you all for your kind words and am glad that I could help – I am actually a “goddess”.

I have also followed this thread for quite some time (better than a soap opera) and when the opportunity presented itself I took the big leap. Let's just say that the door was opened with the Fear Factor promo – so thank you ad-rock and toe-tag for the assist! Not to rub salt in the wound but I got the answer in about 10 minutes. Now, if only someone could tell what music was used in a Toyota Sienna commercial from last fall, my life would be complete. . . . . :D

Ok, this has been killing me for years... I can't seem to get this music ID'd, and it's been used in a bunch of television show promos as well.... anything you guys can do to help would be grateful!

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1198

I think it's a classical piece (NOT a knock off on the Carmina Burana), but which one??

Help!

Thanks!
Dan

------------------------

UPDATE: ok, i should have searched - apparently this was just solved recently, so i jumped the gun.... thanks everyone!!

Well

Take a look at this *amazing* post

You'll find your answer ;)

Originally posted by Vocal@Feb 17 2005, 09:46 AM
Take a look at this *amazing* post

You'll find your answer ;)
Oh i know... that's why i edited my post to say that I had searched and found it. :)

This is definitely gonna be a message board to frequent, I'm guessing.... and if anyone wants to help contribute to our ever-growing database at

http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/

then it would be most appreciated!!

Thanks!
Dan

Well ya know isnadd..... it's obvious a lot of people cared... and not just here but all over the internet............ (i.e. $100 prize over at google for the answer). A lot of people love a good mystery & that's exactly what this search was.... a great mystery that kept a lot of people going for a long time & bravo to the goddess for finally coming up with the answer.

I probably woulda vilified you myself....but not because you don't like the music...... after all, music is a matter of personal taste........ I'd have just vilified you just for being rude.......... the "who cares" comment......... tells me two things: (1) You can't understand plain English because if you had read the posts, you'd have seen there were a lot of people who "cared" about this song (2) That you're obviously quite immature and self centred.... because only immature people believe they have to be rude in order to have their opinions heard and only the immature can't see "outside the box" of their own (usually limited) "rebellious" musical tastes & only the immature would attempt to "dismiss" everyone who doesn't share their opinions & taste. We all rebelled when we were young and the majority tended to only like what was universally popular (i.e. rock & roll or i.e. hiphop/rap... or perhaps "only" the kinda music that made them different from their peers) ... but when we grew up, we learned two things: (1) that there a ton of great musical genres out there, we just had to be open to exploring them and (2) being rude says nothing about the other guy, it only says something very clearly about who you are.

Once again.... so glad this was finally solved. It's been a really fascinating road.... & I've gotten that piece & throughly enjoy it. It's all that & a bag of chips. Now........... on to the next mystery.........

:eek:k:

Is anybody able to find this? I've been looking around, and I can't find anyplace that sells it except for the production library that jjprodmast linked to. You can't download it from there either...it looks like you need to be in the music biz to get access to the songs. :unsure:

I hope I'm right, and if not, sorry. But I did give it a shot....
the piece you're looking for is, by Carmina Burana: "O Fortuna".

Linda

Back