The Black Donnellys

UPDATE - According to the bdradio community @ LJ, this is the song that played when Jimmy confronts Jenny in the bar:

Shivaree - Goodnight Moon

Was that Bawitdaba in the fight scene where they're trying to collect a betting debt? Is it a different version? I recognize the lyrics, but that wasn't Kid Rock right?

I actually had the same thought - it didn't sound like it was him... But I tried googling (though admittedly I wasn't trying very hard at the time) and couldn't find if a cover had ever been made...

In the episode "lies", what is the name of the song that is playing in the bar while jenny is telling tommy she needs to move on? It sounds so familiar, but I just can't place it.

Does anyone know the name of the song and the artist who sang it, that was playing at the beginning of the show on March 26th, while Tommy watches Jenny from across the street while she's hosing down the sidewalk?

Music from last night's episode (1.05):

Telepopmusik - Don't Look Back
Emiliana Torrini - Today Has Been OK

Originally posted by Sarah@Mar 20 2007, 02:13 PM
Was that Bawitdaba in the fight scene where they're trying to collect a betting debt? Is it a different version? I recognize the lyrics, but that wasn't Kid Rock right?
It was Cobrastyle by Teddybears not Bawitdaba by Kid Rock.

That was "Don't Look Back" by Telepopmusik. It's from their album called "Angel Milk."

I wasn't keeping track of music tonight (sorry!), but I did catch the last song:

Death Cab For Cutie - Brothers On A Hotel Bed

Anyone know who did the cover of Howard Jones' "No One is to Blame" in the April 2nd episode? I thought it might by Jason Siemer but as I listen to it more I'm not sure.

I remember a couple from the 4/2/07 episode:

"Gravity" by John Mayer
"Overdue" by Bitter:Sweet

I was curious about who did that cover, too.

does anyone know what song is played at the end of "part 5" during the online version of the episode 'the only thing sure'? the scene is when jimmy steps out of the juke box store to discuss the money owed to his partner's uncle.
it is a male singer and sounds like jack johnson a little bit. here are some of the lyrics:
watch the shadows dancing on the walls
wake up, shake up, sexy
i know i gotta let go

the "no one is to blame" cover is done by emile millar and is on the album "stay here."

the song that plays on the black donnellys section at nbc.com, its a rap song but with and irish beat in the backround, does anyone know what song this is??

What is the name of the song when you go to the Black Donnellys page on nbc.com? Its kind of got an Irish feel with a hip-hop beat over it.

Back