The Black Donnellys

music played when one of the brothers was getting really beat up, it was a choral song

I would also like to know about this - best piece of music in the episode! Beautiful.

Well I've never heard it before but I'm pretty sure the lyrics I heard were Gaelic. I've now listened to so many Celtic samples that I can no longer remember exactly what the one from the show sounded like. :rolleyes:

I thought I heard someone sounding a lot like Frou Frou on the show. I'm I right?

if anybody can tell me the name of the song that was playing during the part where joey ice cream is talking about tommy being the driver of the car and that tommy was now in charge of the neighborhood. it might be "open your eyes", but i'm not too sure. thanks!

Originally posted by atom@Feb 27 2007, 01:27 PM
I thought I heard someone sounding a lot like Frou Frou on the show. I'm I right?
You're right. It's Imogen Heap (of Frou Frou) "The Moment I Said It" from her solo album Speak for Yourself.

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing at the very end of the show, right after Tommy killed all those guys?

this is the playlist to the pilot episode.

Playlist: The Black Donnellys - Pilot (Ep 101)
1. "Thunder" - Nuttin' But Stringz (MySpace) - intro flashback
2. "Hella Good" - No Doubt - it's 2002
3. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet - it's 2005
4. "Sleepy Maggie" - The Mad Maggies - brawling at the wake
5. "Beautiful Things" - Andain - chasing the italian
6. "Arianna" - Paul Schwartz - Louie "Downtown" makes the drop
7. "The Moment I Said It" - Imogen Heap - hospital
8. "Open Your Eyes" - Snow Patrol - final montage scene
9. "Rebellion (Lies)" - Arcade Fire - originally used, replaced prior to airing by "Open Your Eyes"

Okay, here's what I heard in episode 2:

Damien Rice - Cold Water
Roy Orbison - Handle Me With Care
The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
Aimee Mann - Real Bad News
*missed a song here, when Tommy goes into the bar to see Nicky Cottero*
Damien Rice - Cannonball

I was wrong about the Roy Orbison piece. It is actually a cover... Here's the song list from the blog for "A Stone of The Heart":

"Handle With Care" - Traveling Wilburys
"Cannonball" - Damien Rice
"Cold Water" - Damien Rice
"Louie Louie" - The Kingsmen (covering Richard Berry)
"Real Bad News" - Aimee Mann
"Still Love" - Holly Brook

Does anyone know the songs that play in the online episode God is a Comedian? Specifically when Tommy and his mom are kicked out of the hospital room.

I haven't watched the online version of the episode yet, but here's what I got from tonight's aired version:

Frou Frou - It's Good To Be In Love
The Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys
*missed* - Sal's funeral scene when Jimmy defaces a nearby grave
*missed* - at the wake: Tommy talking to Kevin, then Kate
Caleb Kane - In Your Own Way
Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life To Begin
The Doves - Caught By The River

I am actually looking for one of the songs that starrynight06 has down as missed? Does anyone know the song that was playing through basically the whole wake. When Tommy was talking to Jenny and then Kevin and when Dokie was talking to Jenny? I didn't get any lyrics, just male vocals. Thanks alot!

It could be one of these two:

Caleb Kane - In Your Own Way
Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life To Begin

I should have written down when in the episode these occurred... One of them may have played during that scene. You may want to try Amazon or iTunes for a sound sample and see...

It's funny, the one thing that's keeping me watching this show is that they keep playing Imogen Heap (Frou Frou). I can't get enough of her.

Thanks alot... it was Caleb Kane - In Your Own Way (checked out his myspace page) although the song itself is extremely hard to find. I still haven't had any luck. Thanks again!

OK here's what I got for tonight's episode... I'm a bit iffy on the first one, and I missed a couple - sorry!

Tina Dico - Losing
Franz Ferdinand - 40'
*missed* - Jimmy confronts Jenny in the bar
Kid Rock - Bawitdaba
*missed* - Tommy leaves Kate's house
Ray LaMontagne - Hold You In My Arms

Back