Rice Crispies "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

Also used in last years Hallmark commercial.

If you would like to know a bit more about Isreal Kamakawiwaole I welcome you to visit a very special Tribute Page on my website for Hawaiian Singer Danny Couch. He wrote a song called "When Hawaiian's Fall" which is partially dedicated to his childhood friend and neighbor IZ.
When Hawaiian's Fall

Mahalo nui loa
Lea

:D Ok, I know the commercial is about Organic Rice Crispies cereal. There is a lady humming in it, but I have no idea what the lyrics are. It is a slower melody. Rather soothing. :lol:

:D Thank you! That link showed me that the song I was looking for is by Israel Kamakawiwo`ole. The song's name is Somewhere Over The Rainbow. It's the hawaiian version of the Judy Garland song! Woohoooo! :D

I missed the commercial,but heard the sound of a UKULELE and a guy humming.

What is that?

\c4v

Hey guys, there is a comercial where the guy sings Ooooo, ooooooo, oooooo ooooo, ooooo, ooooo, ooooo....... over and over, he goes up and down etc but there are no other words. Its very slow and melodic. Does anyone have any idea? Its a soft feel good song. :unsure:

Probably Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Here are the lyrics. It's been in a commercial or two, and it was also in an episode of ER (that's where I fell in love with it).

the song on the new rice crispies add and a mother is making rice crispy cakes with her kids and its king of a ukelele sounding song mellow and jazzy

Heyy I just saw a Rice Crispies commercial where a mother is making rice crispy treats with her 2 daughters and there's a woman singing "ooo" in the background. I'm pretty sure this is a real song b/c it sounds extremely familar. Anyone know?

thankss

It's "Somwhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (a.k.a. Iz)

Great artist, too bad he's gone. There is also a version he does that he mixes with "What a Wonderful World."

here is the video :)

Kellogg's Rice Krispies 2006 TV commerci "listen"

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Oct 25 2006, 10:58 AM
Probably Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". It's been in a commercial or two, and it was also in an episode of ER (that's where I fell in love with it).
Lol, no offense but I can only take so much of Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'. :rolleyes: I find his sappy intepretation quite akin to that Barney song:

I love you
You love me
We're a happy fam-i-l-ee...

Funny, but on one of my vacation trips to Hawaii with my brother who loves to play Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' CD's night & day when he's there, I told him point blank that no native Hawaiin listens to that crap. It's only the tourists who do. Needless to say, he was quite indignant. :angry: This was during a long car ride to the beach. And when we finally got there, there were a bunch of native Hawaiian surfers cranking the volume of their boombox up rather loudly to the O-so-righteous Rastafarian tunes of Bob Marley. Take that bro! HA!

very interesting!

he is a native hawaii musician, so his target audience must be native Hawaiian!

is that what you are tring to tell us? :eek:

^ Absolutely not. But since you've obviously gone out of your way to misinterpret what I was saying, this means that you're clearly an Israel Kamiwewowowowowo disciple. Is this what you're tryin' to tell me?

Does any one know the song that is playing in the new ad for Rice Krispies Squares? (The one with the mother and daughter at the kitchen table.) The song sounds like its got a ukulele playing, and a woman humming.

Back