Rice Crispies "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

This is the only version I can find, it's from IZ's Ka 'Ano'i album, and it just sounds different, more heavy. Is it on a different album? I went to Amazon to listen to the Finding Forrester album, and you couldn't listen to IZ's version but you could listen to one titled, "Over The Rainbow (Photo Book) - Bill Frisell". This is the one I'm looking for, but can't find. The one posted below is the only one I can find.

I'm a 100% Sure, if you pay attention you hear the songs rolled down a bit, while the mother and child talk.

Ok, here's the deal, the only version I can get is off of a later album "Ka 'Ano'i", I don't want to call it a remix, but it's the only word I can think of. The version I want is off the "Facing Future" album. If anyone knows where I could find this I would greatly appreciate that.

I've been wondering about this song as well so I was doing some research and found this post. The song is from the late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and is called "Over the Rainbow" (album: Facing Future). The movie people are thinking about is "50 First Dates". I checked to see if it's on the movie soundtrack album but unfortunately it's not. I may have to check out some of his stuff now. Very nice pleasant and soothing music.

I just read that this song is also used for the closing credits for "Meet Joe Black".

...and one more movie this is in: "Finding Forrester". It's actually on the soundtrack of this one. Hope this helps everyone.

Thank you so very much! This is the exact song I was looking for. I saw the commercial and just couldn't think of the song. It took my forever to get this result. I know I heard it in a few movies too, just couldn't remember which ones. TY TY TY

Hey all,
I've seen this commercial a millions times now, and can't get the music from it out of my head - don't know what it is though! No lyrics really, just something like:

"oooh, oooh-oooh, oooh, oooh"...

A female voice "oooh-ing" the melody. For some reason, it's catchy to me and I'd like to know if anyone knows what it might be.

Warren

I believe the song is the same as the one used for the regular Rice Krispies commercial. That is also the same song that was used in the movie 50 First Dates. It's by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and is called Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World. You can probably look up the 50 First Dates soundtrack on cdnow.com and listen to a clip.

-s

Does anyone know the name/artist of the song in the organic rice krispies commercial? I have seen 2 different versions of this commercial, but both include a mother & child sitting in a kitchen eating rice krispies. Thanks!

I think the two versions you have seen are one for the Organic and one for regular.

The song is called "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. It's also in the 50 First Dates soundtrack so you should be able to hear a clip on CDNOW.com.

This is a slower song and it has no words to it. I am pretty sure that it is a guy going oooo ooo oo ooooo ooo ooo oooo oooooo oo oo oooo. Sorry I am not too descriptive. I thought that it was for a Cingular or Masrtercard commercial but I haven't been able to find it. I think there might be a guy voice over in the backround ( not part of the song though). I need this song for a presentation. Please help. :(

Hey, thank you so much. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find that. I have seen replies for people saying Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but I just was thinking of the old song. Do you know what commercial that is from?

Back