Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

I found the company that the Discovery Channel hired to make the campaign: Viewpoint Creative. Anyone care to dig around their website and see if you can find an e-mail to contact them?

The music you're looking for is:

APM Music - Epic Scores - Adventure 1 - 13. The Time Has Come (A)

Thanks to Daneimp @ Soundtrax 6.0

Unfortunately APM doesn't release its music commercially.

You can listen to the whole track here:

http://www.apmmusic.com/myapm/main.php

On the left click "Libraries & Cover Art" and then "Epic Scores". Now you can navigate in the middle thru "Epic Action - Adventure 1" to track 13 and listen to the whole 2:41 minutes.

Originally posted by schaeppi@Mar 26 2007, 06:31 AM
You can listen to the whole track here:

On the left click "Libraries & Cover Art" and then "Epic Scores". Now you can navigate in the middle thru "Epic Action - Adventure 1" to track 13 and listen to the whole 2:41 minutes.
Thank you sooo much, you made my day! Great Work

Hey everyone, I just started my account although I've been following these forums for music for at least a year, this is the first dead end of of mine yet. I know you most of you were looking for the epic music from the main trailer, but I'm looking for the song from this promo
i know a few people threw out this link toward the beginning of this thread but there were no follow ups on it

heres what i know so far; alot of people will say its "speed of sound" or "moses" by Coldplay, and it's not. Discovery won't e-mail me back, and it sounds to me kind of like something the band The Verve would do, but again i don't know and no one else seems to know either

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Just from what i can hear in the 45 some second commercial is already amazing to me.

Congrats to all those looking for that epic music i know how good it feels after completing a big search like that, and again thank you.

Yes, I am also very interested to know the source of the music in this other version of Discovery's "Planet Earth" commercial.
This is NOT the one with the majestic sounding symphony, but the one with the Coldplay sounding piano medley.

It's not over yet folks. We successfully solved part I, this is part II.

I would like to know the 4th advertisement song, aswell.

Thank you very much for finding the song, I searched everywhere and you made my night. I was almost in tears.

I do like the short Discovery Channel Version better. I commend that team for putting together such an awsome trailer. Great job APM for your work. I'd like to thank the composers Gabriel Shadid and Tobias Marberger for putting together this brilliant work of art.

Originally posted by schaeppi@Mar 26 2007, 06:10 AM
The music you're looking for is:

APM Music - Epic Scores - Adventure 1 - 13. The Time Has Come (A)

Thanks to Daneimp @ Soundtrax 6.0

Unfortunately APM doesn't release its music commercially.
I just received the same info from Discovery. Just closing the loop. Nice that Bonnie actually replied.

Thanks for your note! The music for the Planet Earth promo in the U.S. was taken from Associated Production Music (APM), a library of production music. You can find it via the following:

On the left menu bar toward the bottom, click on the link titled "Libraries & Cover Art" and then select "Epic Scores." Then choose the heading "Epic Action - Adventure 1" until you find track 13. The track is over two minutes, which is longer that what was actually used in the 60-second promo.

In the UK when the show aired on the BBC, I believe the promo used music from the band Sigur Ros, a song called "Hoppipolla" from the album "Takk," and in Australia, they may have used "Jupiter" from Holst's The Planets.

Best wishes,
Bonnie

i can't catch a break on this one...
does anyone have any leads on the song from "planet earth promo 4"? (see my last post for the link to it or search it on youtube and it comes right up)
you got luckier than i did i e-mailed discovery about two weeks ago and i've still gotten nothing back
thanks for any help you can give i need it on this one

The APM Music site has some really awsome tracks besides the one used in the Planet Earth Promo you should check them all out

Originally posted by prsevilla@Mar 26 2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, I am also very interested to know the source of the music in this other version of Discovery's "Planet Earth" commercial:

This is NOT the one with the majestic sounding symphony, but the one with the Coldplay sounding piano medley.

It's not over yet folks. We successfully solved part I, this is part II.
I am also trying to figure out "Part II"
It does sound like Cold Play Speed of Sound, but it is not.
I think it is a U2 song but for the life of me, I cannot put my finger on it.

Little help?!

u2 or maybe the verve??? sounds like it could be either but we'd probably know by now if it was its most likely someone more obscure but its a possibility

Any luck on the music for the 4th commercial?

It's really good music and Im dying to get a hold of it if we can identify it.

I have the 29 second commercial music, but its a cold play remix so i dont have the hold thing

my bad its not coldplay it sounded very similar to the speed of sound

Back