Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

This song was also used in the 2006 E3 trailer for the video game "Prey" (which you can watch on 3DRealms website or Google for "E3 trailer prey"), so it wasn't composed just for the Discovery Channel promo. A company called "Viewpoint Creative" created the TV spot. I still haven't found an answer, though. :(

Perhaps the above info will be of use to someone.

The song with the piano begining is NOT "Speed of Sound" by "Coldplay" - I would like to know what it is.

WOW. Seeing the E3 Prey trailer has made me want to know the source of that symphonic music even more.

The music used in the "Planet Earth" promo might actually be from the Prey soundtrack!
Although, I haven't listened to all the songs on the soundtrack, I did listen to some of them, and it looks that can be the likely source.

Thanks 'faceman' for helping to give us this lead.

This music from Planet Earth - the really majestic one - sounds like a movement from the Carmina Burana. I know they've used parts of it in lots of trailers. It's by Orff.

Also thought it might be from Seven Deadly Sins, but I can't find enough of this piece of music to verify,

Anyone else familiar with this work?

Redhead317

Concerning the trailer music, the first part is said to be "Full Force" by John Powell. I am trying to get my hands on a sample clip to confirm if it is indeed the song, and which exact trailer it is from.

Based on Icedberry's info, I checked out John Powell at Amazon, and the music from X-Men 3 sounds very close (the track "Phoenix Rises" seems quite likely, though the 30-second clip there doesn't have enough to be sure).

I'm watching Planet Earth right now and this is the third episode, but I watched the credits and didn't see any "opening theme" credits. I did see a music credit but it had like 5 names and they went by too fast. :/

It's not "Phoenix Rises", listening to the track now... although "Full Force" seems worth checking out.

I've done some more snooping and I don't think that the song for Planet Earth is on any of his CDs that are on iTunes. I don't have iTunes so I'm not going to look, but I listened to previews of every song on his "Trailer Music" album and none of them were the right ones.

I'm looking for this song also, its so Epic. I even made this new adtunes account for this song. Please help us find it.

Argh, sorry to disappoint, but I just listened to "Full Force" and it is not it- not even close, although it is powerful music in itself. I guess we're back to square one? :(

I've been tracking this thread all night, and even made an account to leave some feedback.

Full Force (John Powell) nor any of the music on Kerry Muzzey's site are the song we're looking for. When I noticed the Prey soundtrack had been mentioned, I did some fourm searching and found the song we're on the hunt for insn't in the Prey OST either. I've been doing searches on fourms on music requests for the Trailer but It's led me to the same ends we've found here.

I'm in the process of Emailing the Prey staff for some feedback on the song since Discovery isn't of much help. I'll be sure to relay whatever I find asap.

Originally posted by Anuvia@Mar 25 2007, 09:29 PM
I've been tracking this thread all night, and even made an account to leave some feedback.

Full Force (John Powell) nor any of the music on Kerry Muzzey's site are the song we're looking for. When I noticed the Prey soundtrack had been mentioned, I did some fourm searching and found the song we're on the hunt for insn't in the Prey OST either. I've been doing searches on fourms on music requests for the Trailer but It's led me to the same ends we've found here.

I'm in the process of Emailing the Prey staff for some feedback on the song since Discovery isn't of much help. I'll be sure to relay whatever I find asap.
Ditto.

Be sure to email the 2k games guys.. they are the ones who put the trailer together, not 3Drealms or HumanHeads.

Back