People say the dumbest things

So um, on the stupid things people say topic. Here's one I'm sick of hearing.

me: This is Rhonda how can I help you?

customer: What was your name again? Robin?

me: It's Rhonda.

customer: Oh, your name is Rhonda?

me: Yes. How can I help you?

customer: Haha, well I'm hoping you can help me Rhonda. Haha *breaks off in song* Help me Rhonda, help-help me Rhonda. Haha. I bet you never hear THAT huh, Rhonda?

me: <_<

For some reason people always think my name is Rachel, instead of Rebecca...but the other day I was helping this old lady with something....and I told her my name and about an hour later, she goes "Bye VERONICA!" :lol: :rolleyes:

This morning on my way to work I heard a commercial for the Lippizaner (I don't think I spelled that right) horses and how they were comeing here to do a show and the guy said "Exciting leaps in the air above the ground". Is it just me or is taht redundant? I laghed the rest of the way to work.

:lol:

Originally posted by Robin+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robin)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>me: This is Rhonda how can I help you?

customer: What was your name again? Robin?[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Rachel

For some reason people always think my name is Rachel, instead of Rebecca[/quote]
With me it's "Michelle". My first day of work, a paraphrasing of the 4 different people I worked the floor with:

"Hi I'm Melissa."

"Hi Melissa, nice to meet you!"

Later: "Michelle could you help me in room 103?"

I've noticed too that old folks can remember Melissa later on, but when I'm first introducing myself they think I'm saying Martha.

*rubs temples*

Damn, I sooo missed that opportunity! :leela: here. *hands Martha a beer* :lol:

:blink: 3 pages in and I think my IQ dropped 10 points.

Does anyone else laugh hysterically at that ridiculous Burger King commercial when that "romantic" music comes on and starts singing "Biiiiiig buckiiiiing Chicken....", with the dude riding a giant chicken at a rodeo? :lol: WTF is that?

I used to think it said Big Fucking Chicken...

Then I realized that wouldn't happen... :(

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Mar 29 2006, 01:50 AM
I said "initiating magicalness" to a girl online once. ;)
:lol: So sexy.

Sunday's Family Guy made me think of you roleplaying in the bedroom. ;)

chick (in Catholic school uniform): Ooh I need a spankin, I'm a bad bad girl.

Garret: I'm a Paladin with 18 Charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my Helm Of Disintegration and do a 1 d4 damage as my half-elf mage wields his +5 Holy Avenger.

chick: Paladins can't use the Helm Of Disintegration.

Garret: Oh. OK, then I'm a black guy.

Hahhah F that. :lol:

Seriously F that. I have way more than 97 hit points and I Wield a Zealous Wingblade of Fortitude.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back