Payless Shoesource

I'm not sure. Frente sounds like it to me... unless it's a more upbeat version then it's the other. And technically, New Order originally did it... at least they made it famous.

Having no idea what was going on in this forum, and after being turned on to it by Joanna and others, I now guess I should weigh in. My name is Ken Brahmstedt. I'm a composer, song writer, mixer, and musician. We love the response for the BLT remix we created. So first of all, thanks for the warm response! The good news is, we've got the whole tune done, this being the version you hear in the ad by Martin Williams Advertising for Payless Shoesource. We're just waiting on the final word on how to release it.

I produced the tune in August during a flurry of song writing and remixing we did for ourselves and at the request of television and media clients (we being the collaborative of musicians and singers I work with - working name - Chrome Posy). Joanna is a vocalist that I often use. Your response has been inspiring for me to consider the release of other material we've worked up over the last year.

I am a partner at the music and sound company BWN (www.bwnoise.com). We have studios in Minneapolis and LA. BWN has been hired by the ad agency Martin Williams to help concept and create or find music for four television spots. We are currently at work on a few more for them as well as several other clients. We create a lot of music for the media - advertising, television, and film; but we're also members of bands, we're producers, mixers, etc.

I'll make sure the word gets out when the time comes for the full length to be released. Thanks again for the great feedback!

Thanks for stopping in. We would all like to get ahold of the tune. You guys did a great job. Do you at least have a sample clip, or even the clip used in the commercial that you can put out for now??

Thank you.

Thanks for stopping by :D Let's just pray the song will get released. Once again thanks for your time stopping by. We all greatly appreciate it.

Originally posted by kenbrahmstedt@Oct 9 2005, 09:48 PM
We're just waiting on the final word on how to release it.
Wow! That's great to hear Ken! As you can tell, we'll all be eagerly awaiting for that moment. Thanks for the response from both you and Joanna.

Iv only heard bits of this song,but its one of those that sticks in your mind.Cant wait for its release.That was cool of the producer to write back.This site is amazing.

The thing is, I heard the Payless version of the song on the radio up here in Canada on Friday so it MUST be available somewhere??? If I'd known that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to find, I would have paid attention to the station I was listening to and called them to find out who sings it...

Originally posted by Shmoopi@Oct 25 2005, 02:59 PM
The thing is, I heard the Payless version of the song on the radio up here in Canada on Friday so it MUST be available somewhere??? If I'd known that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to find, I would have paid attention to the station I was listening to and called them to find out who sings it...
I wonder if you're thinking of the brand new Bizarre Love Triangle remix by James Bryan?(btw, it's not a man singing) It has been playing on the beat 94.5 in Vancouver for a few weeks now and is very similar to the payless commercial. It doesn’t have that awesome string-synth in it though, but it's still a good song. I hope this helps ;)

Btw, I also love the payless version!

Ok, so I've loved the song in the commercial for awhile now, and a few weeks back I searched for it on google and wound up here. And after reading over the thread I gathered that this song wasn't available for download or anything so I just let it go.

Then last night, I went clubbing and the DJ played this song and I nearly toppled over in surprise. And yes, I was absolutely sure that it was THIS version of the song, the exact same one as the one played in the commercial. And so instead of asking the DJ where he got a hold of the song, I just assumed that during the time I had forgotten about it, that it was actually released to the general public

But I still can't find it. And I'm about to cry because I really shoulda asked the DJ about the song because I love it but I can't get my hands on it. So frustrating!

Anyone know what the deal is with the song?

I gotta admit, the DJ only played a little snippet of the song so it's possible that he just yanked it from the commercial and played that small part, but that seems like a weird thing to do and I'm desperately hoping that it's available somewhere. ANYWHERE.

Not sure if this will help or not but on the radio here they play a version of 'Bizarre Love Triangle' by James Bryan off his new album Beautiful World. He's a member of The Philospher Kings and has a new solo album out. The song on the album is sung by a girl and the radio announcers are all saying it's from the Payless commercial. Hope that helps and I apologize if this has already been answered. My first posting!

Originally posted by northcdn@Nov 13 2005, 09:32 AM
Not sure if this will help or not but on the radio here they play a version of 'Bizarre Love Triangle' by James Bryan off his new album Beautiful World. He's a member of The Philospher Kings and has a new solo album out. The song on the album is sung by a girl and the radio announcers are all saying it's from the Payless commercial. Hope that helps and I apologize if this has already been answered. My first posting!
that version sounds nothing like the Payless version though... except for that a woman sings both versions...

here is a link to that James Bryan album on Amazon.com, and you can listen to a snipit of that version of Bizarre Love Triangle and see for yourself...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009IRNFI/?tag=adtunes-20

Thanks fzero for clearing this up! No its not released yet, but the good news is that I'm getting more and more green lights to getting it out there. One radio-length is ready to go minus some final mastering, but I'm green to this process, and I'm antsy as hell to get things rolling. Being new to this please bear with me. I've got 4 or 5 other tunes to master, but I may get the ball rolling on BLT right away if I can.

Thanks for waiting, and moreover, thanks for the words of support! I'm the person who made the track with Joanna singing on it (that ended out in the Payless commercial). Joanna and I have worked together on a couple things now, and I'm hoping to get an EP or some kind of downloadable collection out sometime soon.

Somebody at the ad agency turned me on to this thread a while ago (I weighed in once before), and honestly, it's been wonderfully encouraging with the responses.

Ken
Chrome Posy
Mpls/LA/USA

Holy cow, I missed this the first time around anyone here any word on when this will be released? I saw that it was green lighted for release, but when is the release date?

Update! Sort of...

Although I don't have the news we're all hoping for, I did get a reply from Joanna Jahn today. This is what she had to say:

Thanks for your inquiry, but I'm sorry I don't have any information yet. We're still working in it.
-joanna jahn

Looks like we got some more waiting ahead of us :unsure: But at least they haven't forgotten about us :D

inmono

Alright, I got the O.K. from the Publisher. Aiming at an April 1 release on iTunes under the collective I've got called Chrome Posy on the CD Baby label. I've got a little administration to do first. It's 3 minutes 12 seconds. Hope you like it and hope I have no hiccups on the way, but April 1 is the date I'm aiming at.

Sorry, got sick for a week. Got behind. The CD is going out via fed ex tomorrow to get digitized for itunes. Sorry to report I've no experience with this, so timing's up to them. Please buy. It will show up as this:

artist: Gravity Jones
song: Bizarre Love Triangle

that's it

Anyway, I'll get it up on my myspace site here within the week as a listenable track anyway. Sorry and please bear with me. I'm a baby in a big new world.

For those of you who want it to be a full song... i heard it like a year ago on a techno/trance station in texas... 106.7 i loved it so much... but when i called for the song list that they had... they changed to a fucking mexican/rap station and deleted their list.... and i was piss and lost all hope till now (payless comercial)

Originally posted by Shmoopi@Oct 25 2005, 02:59 PM
The song you heard in Canada was by James Bryan and you can hear it at his web site. The song is sung by a woman very similar to the Payless commercial.

Back