MTV and VH1 background music songs

New Additions:

"Parklife"- Blur
"Rollover DJ"- Jet
"Get Your Hands Off My Woman"- The Darness

This is probably unnecessary [don't know if already listed] but they also play occasionally.
"Avalon" - Juliet
"Train" - Goldfrapp
"Cherry Blossom Girl" - Air
"Galang" - M.I.A
"Gia" - Despina Vandi
"Human Behavior" - Bjork
"Surfing On A Rocket" - Air
"Alone" - Lasgo
"Surrender" - Lasgo
"Something" - Lasgo
"Believe" - The Chemical Brothers
"Hide You" Suzanne Palmer
"Nothing But You" - Paul Van Dyk
"As The Rush Comes" - Motorcycle
"Somnambulist" - BT
"I See Right Through To You" - DJ Encore
"Deepest Blue" - Deepest Blue
"Love Me Right" - Angel City
Hope it helped anyone :D

Prodigy - Breathe
Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
Fischerspooner - Emerge
Everything But The Girl - Missing
Enya - Only TIme
Darude - Sandstorm
Dannii Minogue - I Begin To Wonder
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Aaliyah - More Than A Woman
Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
Ace Of Base - Beautiful Life
Air - Sexy Boy
Madonna - Secret (Junior's Sound Factory Mix), Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Vocal Club Mix), American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Mix), What It Feels Like For A Girl (Above & Beyond Club Mix), Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Spanglish Mix)

I know that VH1 & MTV use this song a LOT, mostly the beginning of it;; "Such Great Heights" -- The Postal Service. It starts of with some (hard to explain) "beeps", that switch from high to low notes. If anyone remembers, they used it as the Laguna Beach commercial (FiRST season), when LC jumps in the pool and Stev/phen is talking.

okay, i've been wondering what this song was for awhile. I've heard it on mtv the most; (cribs, date my mom, pimp my ride). They usually only play a few seconds of it though! so, I never get any of the lyrics, but it's kind of dancy sounding. There's a voice that goes 'aaaAhh', but it's kind of soft/muffled. If ANYONE can help I would love it. i know I didn't give very much information, lol.

WOW this topic has been viewed 160+ Times and NO Replys. I mean its been 8 months and 11 days and still nothing.

This common song seems like to shouldn't be that hard to find for people who know alot of hard/metal rock songs.

I also recently heard the beginning of this instrumental on a recent episode of Viva La Bam. This is where they decide to make boats to sail down a river into the ocean to get to a some place.
Well they played it when they had to cross rivers b/c they found out they were on the wrong one.
The part played was more of the intro before it ogt heavy. Kinda just basic stringing of the guitar and build up.

Iv acually seen so many episodes of the listed shows that iv heard words in it... but its so breif that you cant tell what they are saying. Obviously mtv cut out the words to get to the good part.

Also recently I thought I found it when I heard the song Changes by Godsmack. It is the closest iv even heard to the song so far. Infact I was just about convinced that was it. But its slighty different by: Not as long of a "guitar only" part and its slighty different in the sound.

If you find this please please please let me know.

Any help will be great. Thanks.

Does anybody else on this board like Sahara Hotnights? They've had 3 singles released in the US and the best, by far is "On Top Of You World". This song has been used on VH1, MTV, MTV2, and CNN. Their current singe is "Hot Night Crash", which can be heard on MTV2's Subterranean.

Yeah, "TKO" is one of my favorite songs, ever! Le Tigre is an awesome band.

"Suspension"- Mae
"The Crimson"- Atreyu
"When You Sleep"- Longview
"Entertain"- Sleater-Kinney

What else do you listen to in that vein?

And have you ever been here?
I found this site one day websurfing, and I kinda like it.

I actually listen to the Cloudroom, Brendan Benson, The Music, Doves, Rilo-Killey, Autolux, The National, Maximo Park, The Blue Van, The Honorary Title, Tegan and Sara, Onelinedrawing, The Datsuns, Elefant, M83, Longwave, Mando Diao, Death Cab for Cutie, The Dears, Spoon, Augustana, Arcade Fire, Ben Lee, Sons and Daughters, The Sun, Kings of Leon, VHS or Beta, and many more.

you listen to brendan benson? you are now my favorite person on the planet!!!! I LOVE benson's music!!!!

in the earlier seasons of cribs, there was a (hiphip/rap)song that was used frequently but only the instrumental version would be played so there wouldn't be any lyrics (for me to try to describe to people) just the beats. anyway, check out the song "Friday Night" by "Young Gunz" as this was the song I have been so desparately looking for and tried to ask people in this forum for. I hope this helps someone else.

Brendad Benson is great!
We like lots of the same stuff
I'll have to check out a couple of those you mentioned were new to me!
You should check out this thread, too, for similar music, I think you might like it!
music adtunes
I listed some of the stuff I listen to in there...

OK so like in EVERY type of MTV show ever there comes a point where someone talks about something depressing. Like in MTV Cribs where they talk about when they were poor. Does anyone know what it is???????????
It's all instrumental and always the same part.
Anything would help, thanks! :p

:lol: OMG

YOU GOT IT! THANKS SO MUCH! Another song I love by Coldplay...Maybe I should get their CD....

:lol: I love when random/obscure requests get answered! :heart:

Back