Mac Or PC

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

• Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by AmelieMellow+Jul 23 2006, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmelieMellow @ Jul 23 2006, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Ballz Mahoney@Jul 23 2006, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AmelieMellow
@Jul 22 2006, 06:18 PM
there's no option for "both" in this poll...i have/use both and i'm happy. although i have to say, the display on macs are more aesthetically pleasing to me.

but test out both and see what you like better, since you're going to be the one who's using it. if you get something, it's best to get whatever you're going to be the happiest with.

well im talking about what you have right now
yeah, i said i have both...

get a mac if you want a sticker to go on your car. haha
[/b][/quote]
:ph34r: whhaaat? really?

Let me guess, you're the only one who voted for the Mac, am I right?

that's a very good observation erin
although both stephy and michelle like macs

Originally posted by a_iver+Jul 23 2006, 09:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Jul 23 2006, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Jul 23 2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Ballz Mahoney@Jul 23 2006, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AmelieMellow
@Jul 22 2006, 06:18 PM
there's no option for "both" in this poll...i have/use both and i'm happy. although i have to say, the display on macs are more aesthetically pleasing to me.

but test out both and see what you like better, since you're going to be the one who's using it. if you get something, it's best to get whatever you're going to be the happiest with.

well im talking about what you have right now

yeah, i said i have both...

get a mac if you want a sticker to go on your car. haha
:ph34r: whhaaat? really? [/b][/quote]
ooo i want a sticker

Originally posted by a_iver@Jul 22 2006, 03:31 PM
Well.. what he could do is purchase a intel-based mac, and soon he could run both windows and mac os x, natively on his mac, just like it was on a pc. if you do run windows (even on a mac) you could still get all of the viruses and whatnot, but if you maintain it, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and besides most people don't have to deal with that anyway. If you decided you like mac os x better you could switch over.. but like i said, it's all what you use it for. Macs tend to display colors quite a bit brighter and truer than on a pc, but like garret said, you could still use photoshop and quite a few other mainstream programs on the pc, and still be a kickass designer. Personally I think it's a bit smarter to use a mac if you're a creative, because.. that's pretty much what they were designed for.

Here's a link that might interest you Ballz Mahoney

link

It's still in beta right now, but it should be available for a full release with the upcoming operating system (which i believe should be coming out late 2006, early 2007), so if you can wait a little bit it might be worth the time, otherwise if you're intending to go into a non-creative field pc's usually do much better as far as software's concerned (and are a bit cheaper as well)
Again, shut up Anthony. Macs aren't made for designers, thats just what people who want to be cool say, thats the only reason macs are around, because people think they are cool. Plus if your such a hardcore mac user why would you want to run windows? Seriously. For gaming? Fuck that. I'm not saying pc's are better, they aren't, but I don't think macs are that great either. Basically once Linux gets more developed and easier to use I will be using that for an os, on a machine I built.

Also, the next time I hear any shit about fucking viruses, fuck that, seriously. If you get a virus you prolly deserved it. I haven't had a virus since I used Windows 98.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jul 25 2006, 02:42 PM
Basically once Linux gets more developed and easier to use I will be using that for an os, on a machine I built.
YES YES YES YES YES. :heart:

just because they're too trendy for you now, doesn't mean they weren't designed mainly for designers.. and i was suggesting that he, not i, do the dual boot thing (although it would be good for web testing, you don't have to buy another computer).

actually i didn't vote...but yeah, you do get a sticker if you buy a mac. i haven't put mine up...i really don't plan to.

i don't really see the point in arguing over macs or pcs...anyways, people will be a snob over whatever they prefer; it's natural. like i said before, i have both; i just find the setup on macs more aesthetically pleasing, but i am still fully trained to use a pc and i don't hate them either.

i don't necessarily think one's better than the other...it might just come down to which one you work with better.

heheh i put that sticker up a few years ago, and i would take it down (because although they're great machines i'm not quite the mac fanatic i once was), but then again i'm lazy, and besides, it gets me all the ladies (joke)

Originally posted by a_iver@Jul 25 2006, 12:42 PM
just because they're too trendy for you now, doesn't mean they weren't designed mainly for designers.. and i was suggesting that he, not i, do the dual boot thing (although it would be good for web testing, you don't have to buy another computer).
Well I have an easier time making sweet shit on my pc over the macs I use at school. So it must be personal preference and the fact that people who have macs think they are better than everyone else. :ph34r:

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jul 25 2006, 02:42 PM
Basically once Linux gets more developed and easier to use I will be using that for an os, on a machine I built.
B) Redhat Fedora Core 5 is almost there... ;) (That is compared to XP. Haven't seen Vista yet)

Vista isn't looking to good at the moment. Debian is interesting also.

the gov has given me a laptop HP 8230.. and pc over a mac any day..

Originally posted by a_iver@Jul 21 2006, 10:42 PM
I have a mac, and lurve it, and wouldn't get anything else except for doing web testing, or perhaps some gaming.. it all depends what you're using it for. I'm a designer so it makes more sense, but if you're just using word and the internet, i'd stick with pc
Agreed :D

I have both, but mainly use my PC. There are more PC things out there, although MAC is improving in that area.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Jul 25 2006, 09:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Jul 25 2006, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@Jul 25 2006, 12:42 PM
Well I have an easier time making sweet shit on my pc over the macs I use at school. So it must be personal preference and the fact that people who have macs think they are better than everyone else. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Why is that. Is it some sort of club or something. Oh you dont know the password, you must not have a real computer, you arent in the mickey mouse club, so you are worthless. Yeah felt it for years. I have a MAC G4, hardly ever turn it on. I have 6 other PC's in my pad, and 2 laptops, I use most of them. Two of them are research work related, always searching and running queries, but the others are my personal use. I am on an EVO 530 with Dual 19 flats, love that little feller.

Back