Journey Diamond Dusty Springfield

Her name is Alison Moyet it is called What are you doing for the rest of your life... it was originally sang by Dusty Springfield... :)

Are you watching CSI Miami on the west coast too? Lol, I was about to ask about this song as well :D

Originally posted by nikki12@Oct 16 2006, 08:48 PM
Her name is Alison Moyet it is called What are you doing for the rest of your life... it was originally sang by Dusty Springfield... :)

Thankyou :)

jibberishlips

Nope ... I forget what I was watching now ... ?

Whatever it was Im pretty sure that channel is the only one I have seen the commercial on ,and maybe 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks actually.

does anyone know the name of the song in the Journey Diamond Jewelry commercial?

There was a woman singing and she says the following lines

"What are doing the rest of your life?
North and South and East and West of your life.
I have only one request of your life.
That you spend it all with me.?"

Thanks. I was trying to talk on the phone when I saw this and didn't even try ti look for it first.

okay people, this is the song

"What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life" sung by Dusty Springfield

I emailed the people on the journey diamond website and they responded directly to me with this info.

a couple on the beach, walking. A woman's voice is softly singing, " what are you doing...." i dunno what the rest is. Its in black n white, and the commerical is for Journey Diamond Jewlery

this is the semi new a diamond is forever ad with the two dandelions going on a "journey" anyone know the artist or the actual name of the song?

I used music id to find out the dandelion song. It's called What are you doing the rest of your life by Dusty Springfield. Now if someone could tell me who sings the new commericial, that would be awesome. It didn't work for that song....

Im not sure but it almost sounds like regina spektor maybe try one of her songs off her new album but just a guess

Originally posted by saraneath1@Nov 26 2006, 11:12 PM
Now if someone could tell me who sings the new commericial, that would be awesome. It didn't work for that song....
This one?

Yes, I know, that's the one you asked about. The one I posted is what I thought saraneath1 was talking about.

does anybody know the commercial that there is a little flowerish thing, fly through the sky, the mountain.. then get to the beach, there are a couple walking on the beach, seem really happy, and the girl is wearing a diamone necklace. is that a zales commercial also? what's the song in the commercial? i'm dying to know

I think the singer in the diamond tv ads sounds like Fiona Apple. I know voices VERY well and none of the singers mentioned thus far sound anything like the singer on the diamond ads.

There is also another diamond tv commercial with a song that goes:

How can I tell you that I love you, I love you
I long to tell you that I'm always thinking of you
I'm always thinking of you
but I can't think the right words to say

And that singer sounds exactly like Fiona Apple. But I can't find any evidence that it is. DARN IT! There is some new singer who is female, white and young you has a similar sound to Fiona Apple and it could be her perhaps. The singer in the diamond ads on tv is a white girl, I know a white girl's voice. It's driving me nuts not knowing who is singing these songs. I'm a big Fiona Apple fan and I really do think it is her singing them.

Originally posted by musiholic@Jan 20 2007, 02:10 AM
And that singer sounds exactly like Fiona Apple. But I can't find any evidence that it is. DARN IT! There is some new singer who is female, white and young you has a similar sound to Fiona Apple and it could be her perhaps. The singer in the diamond ads on tv is a white girl, I know a white girl's voice. It's driving me nuts not knowing who is singing these songs. I'm a big Fiona Apple fan and I really do think it is her singing them.
It's not Fiona Apple. You're talking about Cat Power:

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31318

http://adtunes.com/archives/2006/12/29/top...ic_of_2006.html

Originally posted by jca+Jan 20 2007, 07:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Jan 20 2007, 07:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-musiholic@Jan 20 2007, 02:10 AM
It's not Fiona Apple. You're talking about Cat Power:

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31318

http://adtunes.com/archives/2006/12/29/top...ic_of_2006.html [/b][/quote]
Well, ah-ha. I had never heard of Cat Power and I now fully believe she is the one singing "how can I tell you that I love you, I love you...I long to tell you that I'm always thinking of you......."

But I don't know if I'm 100% convinced that she is the one who sings the
"what are you doing the rest of your life, north and south and east and west of your life. I have only one request of your life, that you spend it all with me" but after listening to a few snippets of her voice via amazon.com, I am satisfied to believe that it is

CAT POWER

who sings the diamond commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a listen to her on amazon.com and you can judge for yourself. I am inclined to believe it.

Thank you, forum mediator.

Back