Journey Diamond Dusty Springfield

Does anyone know the female vocalist singing Michel Legrand's "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life"? Possibly a jazz vocalist?

Dusty Springfield recorded "What are you doing the rest of your life" in 1970 and was lost until 1994 when it was the "B" side of "Goin' Back/Son of a preacher Man" CD single in the U.K. It didn't get released in the USA until 1999 on an album by Rhino/Atlantic called "Dusty in London De Luxe Edition" which is available on Amazon.

Hope this helps anyone trying to track down this wonderful version of the song.

^ Not released in the U.S. until 1999?!? :unsure: What idiot was responsible for this! That guy needs to be drawn & quartered.

I swear ta' God, everytime you wanna do sumptin', it's sabotage, sabotage, sabotage! :angry:

This has already been answered here ...

It's for Journey diamond jewelry ...

Dusty Springfield - "What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life"

Enjoy!
There you go.

There is a car commercial (I think) where someone sings "What are you doing (for the rest of your life". It is a slow saltry rendition by a female vocalist.

it is from the Journey Jewelry Co. and the Singer is Dusty Springfield. It is on iTunes. This has been posted on here a few times, check other posts to get more info :) I love it too!!!!!

You're welcome! B)

... btw, looking at other threads about this topic here, it looks as though you can get the song from music DL sites (iTunes, etc.) or you can go the old-school route and find it on a CD called "Dusty in London" ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

I think it is also Dusty Springfield, but I don't think it's the song you think it is. If you listen to the words, you'll hear "I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life", not "what are you doing for the rest of your life." I too would love to know where to find it. It sure makes for a beautiful love song!

There was a new commercial for A Diamond is forver. They posted a flash player with the commercial, but I can't figure out who sings it. I search for "what are you doing the rest of your life" lyrics and came up with a ton of artists. I have a feeling it's Shirley Bassey, but I can not get a hold of the song anywhere. iTunes has a bunch of the "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life" songs, but not the one by her.

Can anyone help me in figuring out who it is. I'll appreciate it so much!

http://journey.adiamondisforever.com/

It's Dusty Springfield from the UK import "Classics & Collectables". The song is "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life".

I think you can get it from Itunes.
I have it. It's a great song.

Be well & enjoy! :p

The song, "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?," is featured in the Journey Diamond Jewelry TV ad which has been running summer 2006 into the fall. The female recording artist I believe is from the '60's. Does anyone know who recorded this? The ad agency is Walter Thompson.

Thanks.
Hedgehog

I've heard it was Dusty Springfield, or it could be Sarah vaughan. It's definitely not Barbra S. her version is way over the top. I haven't found a Dusty album with this track and the Sarah album is not available at this time.

Just has a woman singing something like "What are you doing for the rest of youre life ? North and South and East and West of youre life"

There is no music and its sung very slow and rythmicly almost like shes just speaking.

I looked throug several pages and didnt see anything that fits this description so I figured I would ask.

Thanks guys B)

Back