I LOVE WORD VOMIT

a_iver

Tauntor
Reaction score
This morning my dad forced me to call up this company that i was going to call later today, because they were interested in hiring me. I did so. The man asked me what my goals were. My response: "Oh.. umm.. For right now I just want to work for some companies and maybe freelance a little to get some experience" SHIT. Needless to say the rest of the phone call went great because I realized I effed it up beyond repair and knew I couldn't possibly do worse.

Share your experiences so I don't feel stupid.

:duh:

Oh, I'm sorry Anthony. :( Keep applying places though you will get on somewhere. :)

Oh, and something stupid I did at a job interview was when they asked me if I would consider myself an optimistic or pessimistic person I mixed up their meanings and told them that I would consider myself a very pessimistic person. *with a big smile on my face* :)

thanks rhonda :)
though i'm not horribly worried. i saw their portfolio and it wasn't very good, so it wasn't that big of a deal. it was a job though.. but still he offered me a chance to see my work, and said we'd talk about it, and he could tell me what employers are looking for. so if he's really impressed by my work, i might still have an opportunity.

AND i do have some applications for some printshops on my desk, and i'd rather work for them anyways.. who knows.. i just gotta remember not to say that next time :duh:

Yeah, and don't worry too much. Employers are used to people being nervous and messing up in interviews. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't want you. In fact, if they interview someone that doesn't seem nervous at all it can sometimes come off as that they don't really care or that they might be too cocky. Obviously it depends on what they say in the interview but to be nervous isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

I always get the jobs I apply for, I've applied for 4 jobs ever, got all of them. The key is bullshitting, lying, confidence in your lies. Its all good. :lol:

garret's my evil twin, i'm like the exact opposite. :lol:

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 30 2006, 02:54 PM
I always get the jobs I apply for, I've applied for 4 jobs ever, got all of them. The key is bullshitting, lying, confidence in your lies. Its all good. :lol:
Me too. I've had way more than 4 though. It's the Blarney, man.

oh it gets better...you're supposed to mess up. but garret's right...they just want to hear someone who is confident in their work. any doubt and you're out.

Originally posted by a_iver@May 30 2006, 08:33 AM
Share your experiences so I don't feel stupid.

:duh:
Uh I had an interview with Rite Aid and that went well. Then they wanted me to do an automated telephone interview where you punch a bunch a numbers. <_< He told me make sure I said I was going to stay with the company for 2 years or it would automatically stop the interview and would tell them I failed. Well then we got the part where they ask if I've ever been fired...and I didn't want to lie so I punched in 'once.' That stopped the interview. The manager got the report and called me and said he would talk to the district supervisor about bypassing it. There's more after but that's pretty much a dumb move. I should have just been the most super terrific potential candidate on the phone interview just to pass. But I didn't want to lie. :( They haven't really called me back.

That sucks because there is no way on that interview thingy to explain anything. I've actually be fired once from a restaurant where I waited tables and it was because 1. The manager had a few screws loose. (seriously, I'm not kidding) but 2. I came in and explained that someone close to me had passed away and they lived in Iowa so in order to make it I had to leave that day. Which sucks because I couldn't give them a good notice but hell, who CAN give a good notice about a funeral. Anyway he just looked at me and said, "well that's fine. Go ahead." and I said, "thank you so much." Then that bastard had the nerve to add "we don't need you here anymore anyway." I said, huh? and he said "you're fired." He was such an asshole. I could understand if I were a "problem" employee but I was constantly working doubles and was one of the head waiters.

It ended up good becuase another location, same restaurant, heard about it and told me to just come work for them. :p

Back