House Season 2

Anyone know the name of the song that the show starts off with. They just play the music, but I heard a part of that actual song somewhere and the vocals are very good. Thanks in advance!

In the final scene of Tuesday's (3/7) show, House was in his apt. and a song was playing, a bluesy version of "Honky Tonk Woman". Anyone know who the artist is?

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is Alexis male or female cuz this guy sounded pretty male.

Thanks! I listened to the sample at the link and that definitely sounds like IT. I'm going to double-check my tape of the show to make certain. Good ears!

It just happened to catch my attention - it was one of those"i KNOW this.... what IS it?" things, then I heard the chorus. But I hadn't recorded the show so I couldn't go back and check for you. :unsure:

Thanks again -- this is a great forum! You saved me hours of research trying to ID Alexis Korner...

I just checked the "House" page on fox.com, and it says the song was done by bluesman Taj Mahal. I checked it out on Real Rhapsody, and it's definitely him. It's a track from his album "Blue Light Boogie."

Both Jeff Buckley and Rufus Wainwright are covering Hallelujah...It's originally by Leonard Cohen.

I much prefer Jeff Buckley's version. Such a pure voice.

Not to turn you away from using this forum, but at the Fox website, on the House section, they list songs used in each episode.

Tonights House episode featured a great piece of piano music near the end with Dr H suuposedly playing it. Very interesting piece that sounded like a classical piece maybe based on an old gospel tune? Anyone see the episde and recognze it? This show has had some very good music.

BTW episode featured House tring to diagnose a disease killing a 6 year old in similar fashion to a 70 yar old named Esther he treated unsuccessfully 12 years earlier.

Back