Hi, Everyone <waving>

Seagrape

Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

I found this site because an ad song had been bugging me for a month and after I Googled key words from the song, I was led to a posting from someone who had been in the same dilemma. Not only did I get an answer to who the singer for the Doubletree Hotel ads is but I found this site and immediately decided it would be a fun place to hang out......so I joined.

I'm an old-timer now residing in a sparsely populated, rural area--living the good life (i.e. RETIRED-AT-LAST!!) in "The Good Life" state, where I followed my grandchildren to after 30+ years in southern California. I spend my time more or less hibernating in the winter, gardening in the summer, babysitting my beautiful one year old granddaughter year round and traveling a couple times a year. I also make soap as a hobby; I read a lot; and I play around on the computer.

My biggest regret in life is......"Why didn't they have roller blades when I was young?" and "Why wasn't Al Gore around in 1950 to invent the Internet while I was still a teenager?" (Sorry....apologies to all the liberals......just couldn't resist that.) :devil:

Looking forward to being a member of this group and I promise to keep my politics out of it. :peace:

Seagrape

It's ok, California Republicans tend to have less poison in their bite. ;)

Welcome to the party. :)

Hello and welcome.

C'mon Melish, ALL republicans have less poison in their bite. That's what typically makes us the conservative ones. :p

Not that I'm terribly liberal. Just way more accepting than your average conservative. ;)

But see I would say the same about myself. I'm conservative but much more accepting than most conservatives. I don't share a lot of liberal views but I recognize that certain areas will have to change and certain areas technically should change.

I know you like to think of yourself as a conservative Rhondakins, but you really are more of a moderate.

Well, some view that I have truly are conservative. I am quite a bit more open-minded but I do also hold back some on here because I know that I'm very outnumbered for one but also, a big part of conservatives looking so bad is because a lot of them just don't know when to shut up, ya know?

Pretty sure that's a universal disease. I know that I've come down with it on occasion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh trust me, I'm not saying that I haven't caught that disease myself either. :lol:

Did I ever tell you guys about what Sean's grandmother said to me? We usually end up drinking way too much and staying up late while getting into some huge family political argument whenever we go over there. Well, we were all arguing one night, (she is registered democrat as well as her sister while Sean's dad is hardcore republican and Sean's just more of a conservative) anyway, she got mad at Sean's dad and took it out on Sean, telling him that the two of them get together and basically compare notes and decide on their views. (Which is not true because they do have a lot of different views.) jumped in and said that wasn't true and that they really didn't have the same view on EVERYTHING and was about to offer examples when she turned to me and cut me off, placed her hand on mine and told me that "no ofense" but I didn't really have ANY views that she would be interested in hearing because my thoughts were not my own and that I borrowed all of my own throughts from Sean. Isn't that just completely rude???

She told me the next morning that she had just felt backed in a corner and felt that because I was also female that I should have just sided with her but she felt that I had turned on her so that was why she said that. <_<

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Mar 11 2007, 04:25 PM
:lol:

"A Zebra does not change it's spots." - Al Gore
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it, love it, love it!! (The repartee, that is. Keep it comin'!)

Mitsy <still waving> :wave:

P.S. Thanks for the welcome, everyone. And Rhonda, that's some MIL you have! If you held your tongue in the face of an insult like that, you are one fine lady. :eek:k:

:lol: :lol: I'da prolly stood up and punched her in the neck. Been all "THAT was allllll me!"

:lol: :lol: War is bad. Evil war mongers. How dare they. I'm just going to have to teach them the virtues of peaceful negotiations.....right after I punch Gramma in the neck. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a liberal, but I'm also Irish. Can't fight genetics. No matter how much I love fighting. :p

Back