Hennessy Cognac

That melody is exactly the same... sing the "way down south, the south will make you bounce" to the commercial... it goes exactly... if you don't know it sounds the same, you don't know music...

Originally posted by TheSpark...@Sep 28 2006, 04:54 PM
That melody is exactly the same... sing the "way down south, the south will make you bounce" to the commercial... it goes exactly... if you don't know it sounds the same, you don't know music...
LOL, let me guess, you are the "buddy of mine" producer since you even paid great attention to the lyrics :D
I apologize If I am wrong.

yeah I am the prodeucer... look at the website and you'll see spark... I'm not hiding anything...I've had my music on cd's, radio and documentaries... but as far as the song I heard the song last night on tv and I instantly started sing the lyrics without even thinking about it... stop being a hater for one second and you might hear the melody has the same progression of notes... I'm not trying to fight with you about it, just get some credit... this song was on a cd that has been in many hands of tv and commercial sound directors across the country and many others, including Hugo from the Neptunes... so all I'm saying is that there is a scary imilarity in the melody (which in copyright law is the only thing you pretty much can't steal, besides lyrics... basic bass lines, tempo and even beats are up for grabs unfortunately)... Plus I figured that if people liked that song they might like Addek's stuff...

Just some interesting info to add. Hennessy apparently has an advertising deal with quite a few rappers... including Ludacris. Apparently a rap song mentioning Cristal, Cadillac, or Hennessy has a heck of an impact on sales. Regardless of who's riff it is, it's pretty apparent the demographic they are attempting to hit with this song. If not apparent to you, 20's to 30's.... :p :D :p

Originally posted by olftboy@Sep 28 2006, 05:42 PM
Just some interesting info to add. Hennessy apparently has an advertising deal with quite a few rappers... including Ludacris. Apparently a rap song mentioning Cristal, Cadillac, or Hennessy has a heck of an impact on sales. Regardless of who's riff it is, it's pretty apparent the demographic they are attempting to hit with this song. If not apparent to you, 20's to 30's.... :p :D :p
actually, the Hennessey "pure character" commercial was targeting Hispanic market, so was the campaign featuring John Leguizamo.

Originally posted by Anthony@Sep 28 2006, 05:56 PM
actually, the Hennessey "pure character" commercial was targeting Hispanic market, so was the campaign featuring John Leguizamo.
Yes, as the business page lists...... the 20's to 30's HISPANIC market has untapped liquor income :lol: J/K The television market base was noted to be aimed at the white/hispanic sales and the music references "lobbied" in to rap music was aimed at the 20's to 40's black market, and there jazz support was aimed at "ALL" upperclass (i.e. large income) markets. Hennessy is noted quite often as pumping major money out the door to gain a foothold on any demographic that will buy. I noticed this answer at another forum:

The song title is Real Love ( Urban Remix )

Massari - Real Love Urban Remix (Produced By Hennessy) 02:31. UR
WATCHIN Massari - Real Love Urban ... Hennessy Cognac 2006 TV
Commercial "Pure Character" ...
www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=hennessy - 51k -

www.juno.co.uk/products/218438-01.htm - 42k

www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/m/Massari/Real-Love-Lyrics.htm

I just don't know?????

This is really funny, I figured this topic was a dead issue but appparently I was wrong.

This is a follow-up to my post last month which was the nail in the coffin on this song, there is no rip of a sparks song or even a copyright issue. Sure there is a small similarity in a bit of the basic background beat but nothing worth getting into an fantasized frenzy that this is the case. I was actually contacted by the music company and asked to provide the name of the artist to this post since there is so much interest so here goes:

The artists name is Scott Harkiss and he works for Search Party Music, which is based in NY. Here is the site (www.searchparty-music.com). If you doubt me you can now contact the company directly and get the word from the horses mouth, so to speak. You will find the commercial listed on their site in the showcase of music and commercial spots they've worked on. I didn't find this site first I found them first and then found their site, so the only bad thing for me is that I wished I had found the site first and gotten the commercial that way in stead of purchasing it :cry:

So there you go, any further claims of the name or origins of this song is really moot at this point, so let the issue go. The answers here, its not available on any CD of any sort or elsewhere on the web.

Digitmaxr

Originally posted by TheSpark...@Sep 28 2006, 04:54 PM
i'm sorry, the melody is not EXACTLY the same. i do know music, just because i don't produce it doesn't mean i don't know it. ah well, i was hoping there was some new artist i would be turned onto from that hennessy song that i love so much... ah well. maybe that guy who actually made the song for hennessy will make a whole song out of it! probably not tho... *sigh*

The original tune is by Massari and an instrumental club remix of his song, 'Real Love'.

I emailed the creator, this was his response:

hey,
thank you, so pleased you like the track. i haven't made a longer version of it yet but i will try to get it together eventually. working on a lot of new stuff now, but i will go back for it!

hello everyone

i like the music alot to and this information took me a long time to find i hope you enjoy

this is in regards to the hennessy music. the guy who created it is Scott hardkiss.

his myspace web site blog state this

Hennessey TV commercial with Scott's music.

OK,

So, we've been completely swamped by an surprising number of messages concerning the national Hennessey "Puro Caracter" commercial that is showing every 10 seconds on TV. A genuinely anoying number of messages. To answer a few questions that keep being asked repeatedly: Yes, Scott Hardkiss created the music for this commercial. Yes, it is awesome. Yes, the singer featured on the track is the lovely Lisa Shaw. No, it is not available in stores or online anywhere as it was made by Scott especially for this commercial. And finally, YES, we are putting it up on this web page for your listening enjoyment.

So go ahead and rock that 30-second masterpiece over and over to your heart's content. We've even put up a video of the commercial free of any distracting voice-over whatsoever (hence superior to that bootleg version on YouTube). In fact, it's the very first video to be uploaded onto this page.

In all seriousness, we appreciate all of the positive messages we've been getting about this and had no idea that people were so interested in the music that Scott has done for TV commercials. Maybe in the near-future we will even put up some of the other amazing commercial work that he has done that apparently nobody even realized features his spectacular original music. Obscure, low-budget commercials for little-known brands like Sprite, Motorola, American Express, Levi's and Coca-Cola. You may not have heard of the companies, but the music's good.

this is his myspace address

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=25332107

The commercial was produced by "Kirshenbaum Bond + Partners". Director Michael Haussman shot the spot. Original music composed by Scott Hardkiss.

I think all of thats already been established way earlier in the thread, but thanks tho!

T

Originally posted by madman9000@Dec 21 2006, 08:35 AM
The commercial was produced by "Kirshenbaum Bond + Partners". Director Michael Haussman shot the spot. Original music composed by Scott Hardkiss.
hmmm, isn't this taken from youtube? :lol:

Hi everyone.

after a little internet searching i found this:

i saw an ad for Hennessy and i really liked the music. I found the ad i liked and the music. i am pretty sure this is the same as what you all are talking about. hope this helps.

the guys name is Scott Hardkiss and he is an electronic musician out of NY.

you can hear the song at his myspace: www.myspace.com/scotthardkiss

if this helps you, and you're thankful, you can check out my music on myspace
enjoy!

www.myspace.com/ryandarbonne

I don't know much about music but I thought this song had a very similiar beat to the Hennessy commercial. The group is Wisin Y Yandel Ft Aventura. The name of the song is Noche de Sexo.

Back