Hennessy Cognac

@ GrassyKnoll

If you are ready to pay to find the song, you can try google answer. You pay them, and professional reseachers find your answer.

I also want to know so if anyone here is rich then go to google answer.

*sigh* What about the people that e-mailed the company? Did any of them happen to receive an answer?

usually I find music like this on http://ytmnd.com/, such as the bacardi mojito song, or the stolichnya vodka frozen neighbors beat, etc. If you can get me a page the plays the song, I can get you a url, a file, or even html embeds for it. Its very simple. someone find it!!!!! NOW!!! I also seem to think, that the beat was created for the commercial, because the mojito and stoli beats were mixed by professionals for the purpose of the commercial. I want that beat though! asap.

*sigh* What about the people that e-mailed the company? Did any of them happen to receive an answer?

i emailed the company, and i got the french division... they directed me to their NY office because they had no idea what i was talking about. i called the NY office, and they didn't have any answers... they seemed pissed off that i was calling them for that, as if there was someone else that handles this - so i don't know...

here's a copy of that email, feel free to call them & bug 'em!

Originally posted by my email
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank your for your message and interest in Hennessy cognacs.

The best is to contact Hennessy representative in New York.
Please find the address below.

MOET HENNESSY USA, INC
85 Tenth Avenue
10011 NEW YORK
USA
Tel: 00 1 212 251 82 00

Best Hennessy regards,

Jessica BERNARD,
Consumer Relations.

Hey guys, I honestly think the song isn't original, but rather a remix of an Outkast song.

The bassline is extremely familiar and I think it's from the Speakerboxx, The love below albums.

So I'm thinking it may be a remix of it.

Any luck on Mojito or the new Eclipse Spider commercials?

Tried using 411 song on it - came up with nothing.

pitty nothing's come of this thread

Ok!

This is what I've found out about the song from the Hennessey commercial! You guys ready?

I've been following this thread for about a month now and have been on a personal journey to find out the name of the piece in this commercial. I found and contacted the advertising agency that put the promotion together which in turned directed me to the music company that actually did the accompaniment.

The music featured in this commercial was specifically mixed and produced ONLY for this commercial spot and is not currently a song of any kind that can be found around the net or bought. Sad but true. I did speak with the exec producer and was assured that it was not available in any form outside of the commercial. So I thought I'd share with the rest of you.

Take care!

(I did download the commercial however, that way I can at least play it over and over anytime I want :D )

Tony

hrm. interesting, but kinda depressing. i was really hoping it would be an artist i've never heard of, so i could be opened up to another new great band! ah well, figures...

could you put the name of the band up anyway?if you get the name of the band,then you should be able to contact them.

This link will take you directly to the commercial.

https://entourage.hennessy.com/index.jp?

1. Click on Hennessey Entourage.

2. Click on the second box from the bottom on the left side of the small window.
It will change to purple and the leading header will read "Cool Offers"

3. A cascade of three selections will appear:
Mobile
PC
Advertising

Select advertising.

4. Click on the "Pure Character" TV Spot.

The Ad will play automatically. To replay the ad, click on the orange square below the ad.

Some guy on you tube said that the song for this commercial was made specifically for the commercial. Heres what he said "Song was produced exclusively for this commercial. Its not available as a seperate tune. Sorry mates!"

This may be a hint, as I thought it sounded a lot like Daddy Yankee (Reggeaton), but Tego Calderon also reggeaton artist was hired by Hennessey, and perhaps he drew up a quick untitled song or music for the commercial:

The director of these latest ads is Michael Haussman which was originally entitled "Questions" with a female narrator and soft jazz: www.haussman.net
You can contact them about the video:
Commercials & Music Videos Worldwide:

Person Films
3630 Eastham Drive
Culver City, CA 90232
tel: 310-558-7500
fax: 310-558-7101
email: info@personfilms.com

http://hispanictips.com/2005/11/14/leguiza...ic-ad-campaign/

“Hennessy cognac, unveils a new Hispanic print advertising campaign featuring celebrated Latino actor and comedian, John Leguizamo. Based on the popular “Never Blend In” campaign that has presented such performers as Reggaeton artist Tego Calderon and most recently, R&B icon Marvin Gaye, this newest advertisement brings the culturally relevant independence message to Hispanics in their own language for the first time with the tagline “Puro Carácter.” “

http://www.marketingymedios.com/marketingy...t_id=1001391071

Here's another link: http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues/20...8n19/Tego.shtml

Billboard

Tego Blends In With Hennessy

BY Randy Luna

February 14, 2004
Copyright ©2004 Information Access Company. All rights reserved.

PUERTO RICO -- For a major artist, starring in a brand-marketing campaign is not unusual. But it is rare for an artist who released his debut album only 12 months ago.

That is exactly what has happened to reggaeton artist Tego Calderon, who is now the official face of Hennessy Cognac.

The liquor brand is using the Puerto Rican artist's image in a new extension to its Never Blend In marketing campaign, which kicked off in 2003.

The campaign celebrates musical talents that are distinctive and unique. Its first featured Latin artist was Saul Hernandez, lead signer of Mexican rock band Jaguares (Billboard, Oct. 11, 2003).

The campaign is unusual in that it runs without giving the name of the artist or--in the case of radio spots--without playing the music.

The campaign includes cash compensation and advertising commitments and calls for Calderon to appear at four Hennessy-sponsored events.

The campaign sees Calderon on billboards in 10 major markets across the U.S. and in ads in regional and national publications, including Urban Latino and Maxim en Espanol. It also includes such point-of-sale items as posters and counter displays and radio spots in English and Spanish, with Calderon explaining what it means to him to "never blend in."

"I am very excited, because the people who have done [the campaign] are Rahkeem, who is my idol, and Isaac Hayes," Calderon says. "These are special people, very talented. I felt honored."

LOGICAL CHOICE

Hennessy senior brand manager John Santos says, "He is the perfect example [of an artist] that embodies the idea, and pioneers the experience, of 'never blend in.'

"He has been successful by staying true to himself. He doesn't fit the mold and creates a really lasting impression."

Calderon is one of the most prominent reggaeton artists in the market and arguably the one who has most broadened the scope of the relatively new genre. Calderon's debut album, "El Abayarde" (White Lion/BMG), has scanned 40,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

His sophomore album, "El Enemy de los Guasibiri," also on White Lion/BMG, debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart in the Jan. 31 issue. The set is a collection of tracks from other artists' albums--all released prior to "El Abayarde"--that feature Calderon as a guest vocalist. Calderon has also recorded with such acts as Wyclef Jean, 50 Cent, Cypress Hill and Roselyn Sanchez.

Calderon's popularity in major markets was attractive to Hennessy.

"Because of the popularity achieved by Tego in New York, which is a very important market for [Hennessy], they took notice of his career," says Luis Gonzalez, Calderon's manager. "Also, Tego loves the cognac. So [the campaign] is real."

Calderon is scheduled to perform in the coming months in Colombia, Guatemala, Nicaragua and on the U.S. West Coast.

Why are people still trying to find the song. Digitmaxr said, and I think the same thing. IT was made only for the commerical.

Here is the song again

For anyone whos interested, a buddy of mine produced this song three years ago. It was released on a underground hip-hop CD about two years ago. The name of the album was "HIP HOP 9/11" by Addek. The song was called "Religion of War" and info about this artist and producer can be found at realityhiphop.com. The version in the commercial is the same just with different instruments being used.

The produer is in contact with Hennessey to find out where they got the song from exactly.

hrm. i don't know maskaveli. i listened to the song, and i see a small correlation, but the BPM is different. it's not really that similar at all... it's only remotely related if at all. i don't think there's any plagarism issues here (not that you're incinuating that...).

Originally posted by arrrghhh@Sep 28 2006, 03:27 PM
hrm. i don't know maskaveli. i listened to the song, and i see a small correlation, but the BPM is different. it's not really that similar at all... it's only remotely related if at all. i don't think there's any plagarism issues here (not that you're incinuating that...).
I agree, it's not even remotely related
well, the temptation of the money... :blink:

Back