Gears of War

i can't remember what the commercial was for, but I do remember that it was a real nice piano part playing very smoothly to go along with the commercial. The lyrics were all rhymed and it seemed like a song that I should know. I can't remember all the lyrics but I do remember something along the lines of this:

something about "pain and sorrow"
then something "no tomorrow" then there were a couple more lines that were along the lines of "get the feeling"
"reach the ceiling"

Yeah, it just keeps rhyming but it sounds real nice. I'm sorry I don't have more info, I've only seen the commercial once, but hopefully someone can help me out. And hopefully I'll see it again and post more info. Thanks

The 'AOL Music on Demand' service has both the Michael Andrews/Gary Jules version and the original Tears for Fears version available on their free video site... if you don't mind a possible quick commercial before your song:

http://music.aol.com/search/avresults.adp?...ery=mad%20world

(Tears for Fears is first selection, new version is last two selections)

They also have an 'in studio Sessions' version with Andrews/Jules that's pretty good too.

I've liked this since I heard it on CSI, thanks for the guys here to ID the song for me now that it popped up again :)

you can buy the song alone for 99 cents now on iTunes. just type in "Mad World" and buy the version by Michael Andrews from the Donnie Darko Album, then youre done!

alright so the song from the commercial was done by gary jules, but does any1 know who did the remix version? remix

:usesearch:

DoctorMemory (and all other AD Tune Regulars), an observation...

If we tell someone that a question has been asked and answered, and to search for the answer... they'll learn to search for a topic and find the answer.

But if we keep giving them the answer, why would anybody bother to search if someone else will do it for them?

Kind of like when you'd ask someone how to spell a word, and they'd tell you to look it up in a dictionary. ;)

:ph34r:

:usesearch:

"Mad World" by Michael Andrews, also featured in the "Donnie Darko" soundtrack. You can find this info on the front page of the site.

The commercial is for some new X-Box 360 game and features a video game chracter running down a dark street with water falling from and evestrouph, then he rolls into a room through a broken glass windown and shoots some giant monster with lights on it.

Song goes something like "I have seen familiar faces, worn our faces, worn out places" and tres piano

Back