Gears of War

OK... sorry to state the obvious, but I've seen people answer the original question about 5 times and the question asked over and OVER again. Come on people... READ the dang post before asking. Duh.

As mentioned, this song originated from Tears For Fears on their '83 album "The Hurting," a couple years before they made it big with "Shout." I prefer their early stuff. That same album included the classics "Pale Shelter" and "Change." My first instinct would be to remain loyal to my 80s roots, but this version by Gary Jules is very original and hauntingly beautiful. Very appropriate for Donny Darko. Kinda cool how they used it in this ad too. I download via eMusic and Jules' version is not available there either. Sorry!

Originally posted by goddess-glow@Nov 5 2006, 03:14 PM
OK... sorry to state the obvious, but I've seen people answer the original question about 5 times and the question asked over and OVER again. Come on people... READ the dang post before asking. Duh.
They're not answering it over and over. It's because we are trying to merge the many threads about the ad since people tend to post without searching for an answer first.

Whats the song in the commercial for the gears of war video game for xbox 360?

Michael ANdrews does the better version of the song. It's featured in the Gears of War commercial.

The Donnie Darko soundtrack is pretty good. And if anyone is wondering, the original song was by Tears for Fears, and then covered by Gary Jules. The Jules one was in the commercial.

The answer has been posted on this site since Oct 28 2006, 10:45 PM

:ph34r:

This site is AWESOME! Had that song running through my head for the last four days....searched all over the net trying to find it until I found this site.

Thanks!
gcb

Well I was wondering if anyone knows the song on the new Gears of War Commercial...if you haven't seen it here's a link to it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...rs+of+War&hl=en

The song is Mad World originally by Tears for Fears I believe, but he song in the commercial is sung by someone else and I cannot figure out who...the closest I have been able to find is the Mad World version sung by a group called: The Wise Guys.

gary jules did the version in the commercial which came off the donnie darko soundtrack...

the answer you was lookin for is on the front page. lol

LOL, my bad...I'm not a frequent person at the site so don't really know how anything works...thanks for the help though.

Originally posted by Arctic-Commando@Nov 9 2006, 01:20 PM
LOL, my bad...I'm not a frequent person at the site so don't really know how anything works...thanks for the help though.
Oh...I see what you mean now, I never go to home page directly link to forums so that explains my stupidity.

Ugh... sorry to say I am quite sick of this song since it's been playing on a loop at my workplace. Loved it the first 8 times, but after over 5 hours x 5 days listening to it, it's a bit grating. We do the ads for Xbox.

I just heard the most amazing song on a new commercial for Gears of War an xbox game.
Do any of you guys know who is singing it??

Originally posted by ghipszky@Nov 10 2006, 07:34 PM
I did a search but nothing came up.
Ha ha, me too. I also asked for this song, which has gotten quite a few threads in this (TV commercials) forum. I also searched but found nuttin'! But this was only b'coz there are also several video game forums. Since I'm not a gamer, so I didn't even know these forums existed--I only troll the TV commericals forum. -_-

Back