Friends

I remember an old episode of friends that played a remake of the beach boys "in my room." Can anyone tell me the artist that remade it?

I don't have them, but I'm positive it's on one of the soundtracks. The song cover is by Grant Lee Buffalo.

I saw a rerun of the "What If" Episode of Friends last night. As the credits rolled, it showed fat Monica eating and dancing to a catchy song. My 13 month old danced with her and laughed. I really want the song so I can play it and watch him dance.

The song was very 90s dancey...and a man sang the lyrics "Do the Saturday Night...you can dance all night, It will be all right"

If anyone can help, thanks a ton :)

A lot of people have been looking for it. When that scene (Fat Monica dancing) was shown on a special hosted by Conan O'Brien, the music was "Shake Your Groove Thing," but on syndicated episodes, the song you mentioned is played instead (don't ask me why). Anyway, no one really knows what it is yet. It's not the Elton John song.

after doing a little googling i found that it could be 'dancing on a saturday night', but it has several versions. the original seems to be by Barry Blue, but an artist called Bond has a version that sounded more rock-ish

Oh, thank you so much Donutos! I've been trying to find it too, and I came up with nothing at all. I suck at google-ing ;) hehe

at the end of the episode, Joey starts singing a song in the bathroom and he looks out the window to see a black guy in the building across from him singing along. Anybody know the name of the song?

The "Morning's Here" song? I thought that was made up for the show.

yeah that's the song but what's the title? they might have made up the lyrics but i know its a real song.

Originally posted by bearysmith@Dec 26 2005, 02:02 PM
yeah that's the song but what's the title? they might have made up the lyrics but i know its a real song.
Is there such a thing as a fake song? A song is a song is a song.

;)

its in the episode where chandler and monica gets married.
im looking for 2 songs. ...i dont remember if there both the same ones.
but the band plays the song right when chandler walks down the carpet.
and the other song is when the band plays right when the show is about to end.

I found this...."While Chandler walked down the aisle (and then Ross, Phoebe, and Rachel), it was one of two things: (1) an instrumental version of Groovy Kind of Love, originally by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. Or (2)the Rondo (third movement) from Clementi's Sonatina in G Major, which I'm told the melody of Groovy Kind of Love is based on.
Monica's walk down the aisle was to an instrumental version of My Love, originally by Paul McCartney and Wings.

After the ceremony finished, during the last few shots while Chandler and Monica discussed "the baby," it was an instrumental of Everlong, by The Foo Fighters. I've been challenged on that, but I think it is a match. The rhythm and the melody used in the show matches the part of Everlong where the lyrics say, "If everything could ever feel this way forever, If anything could ever be this good again."

The exact instrumentals used in the show may not be available. However, the instrumental of My Love is similar to an arrangement on the album, "Working Classical."
And there is a string quartet version of the Foo Fighters' "Everlong" on an album called "String Quartet Tribute to Foo Fighters," through Vitamin Records."

So there was a Friends episode many years ago, it was called 'The One That Could Have Been' which was a 2-parter. There is a song during the end credits of the FIRST part that isn't on the DVDs because it only rolls during the end credits and seeing as how DVD doesn't split the episode into two, there are none. In any case, I managed to TIVO the episode when it reran and have now got a 'not so great' recording of the only part of the song that is played. I have tried searching for lyrics, and even searched the net trying to find out if anyone knows this song but no one does, so I'm hoping that someone here will have actually heard this song before and therefore be able to tell me what it is....

Nope...it's not Barry Blue :( Now here's the thing. My best friend works at WB and is as determined (ok, not AS determined but close) to find out the song name. So she emailed the music manager. She said that because it was so old, they didn't have the cue sheets anymore but she asked the music editor on the show if he remembered and all they could come up with was a song called 'You Can Dance' but no artist....so there's more info, but I've had no luck finding the song :(

Back