Fidelity "This is Jeff"

I see I'm not the only one trying to figure this one out... Matter of fact, it's driving me crazy. The tune is stuck in my head and I can't for the life of me remember what it is or who did it.

I'm pretty sure it's from the early 80s (80-82), and my first thought was Yazoo, but a search of audio samples has yielded nothing yet.

I certainly hope someone out there can help solve this mystery and rid me of this earworm! :blink:

I GOT IT!!!!!

As I mentioned in the post above, this song has been driving me NUTS, so for the last few days I've been tripping through all my old 80s albums and today I hit the jackpot, I found the tune:

Der Kommissar by ATF (After The Fire)
The date on my album (Epic) is 1982

Finally, the earworm has been silenced!

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

:lol:

Hey, way to go. I haven't seen that commercial in a couple of days so I had forgotten all about it. I never would have guessed that's who it was, probably because this is the first time I've heard of that group.

Well... having said all that... :unsure: the clip used for the ad might very well be from the original recording by Falco, which I do not own. It's difficult to tell really, because the Fidelity ad uses just the opening riff, which is quite similar in both recordings. But oh well, at least we now know the name of the track.

If you're interested, here is a link to a site that includes an audio file of Falco's version (the original)

Falco - Der Kommissar

There's this commercial, and it's about this guy and it shows how everything is done for him. Like the vaccuum runs by itself, and the lights go off when he goes to bed. There's some music in the background, towards the end it sounds very distinctly like a song from the 80's but I can't place which since they used an instrumental version.

Anyone know?

I can't confirm one way or the other, but ...

Learned somewhere ...

Falco - "Der Kommissar"

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knew the music from the fidelity commercial featuring "jeff" and all his automatic contraptions, and then it goes into his automatically adjusting portfolio deal, anyways, hopefully someone can help me out, thanks!

Falco? I know the song by 'After The Fire', aka ATF. Definately Der Kommissar.
80s Euro synth pop best left forgotten.

Just answered a similar question... If it's the Fidelity commercial I've been seeing lately, the song is called Der Kommissar by After The Fire (ATF). A little synth fluff from the early 80s.

Thanks. It turns out there is 2 versions of it, After The Fire and Falco. They sound almost identical anyway. I can't believe I didnt recognise the song because I know it, I suppose I just never paid any attention to the intro before. Anyway thanks again for the help.

Okay, my mind has been boggled for days on the NEW Fidelity commercial... The song that is played, what is it people?? So far people have said the song was by Blondie, Paul McCartney, and a bunch of other bands... But none of them is it. For the older commercials, yes or maybe... I don't know. Anyhow, I do know it's an 80s band, a guy is singing, it sounds like he's saying "check it out" in the song but I'm not sure... And it goes "do do do do do, uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"... That probably doesn't help but I am desperately awaiting an answer, lol.. Thanks..
Sheena

Here you go Sheena

The song is called "Der Kommissar" by Falco (1982). I do believe there is another artist that does a cover of this song, but this is the version from the ad. I think trent reznor does a version too. Hope this helps, hope you have your leg warmers ready. haha

Take it easy

Jmac

I so need help with this song is the song from the fidelity investments commerical its the one with the guy who drives home and goes this is jeff, he has automatic car seats, a pushfree vac. when he comes home the lights go on, when he goes to bed the lights go off (something something....etc) PLEASE I NEED HELP I SO WANT THIS SONG

Dont know if its any concelation but i am in Canada! Please help

Wow thank you man i did search buy just found nothing thankyou soo much

Back