Comcast "Air Drummer" Video Email

damn, i was sure it was a styx thing too...oh well, i guess there is the answer

well that definitly sucks major ass thats its not a real song. I think if we can some how, get comcast to get the band or who ever made it to make it as a whole song for people to buy. I no doubt think they could make a good amount of money off it.

Originally posted by supermonk01@Nov 29 2005, 07:28 AM
wizkid 88, what if the lyrics airn't "a pawn in the game". I personally think the lyrics are "it's part of the game".
Supermonk,

This is sort of late, but to answer your question: There's at least 6 or 8 regular posters on this thread. Each of those posters has probably tried a *minimum* of 10 different Google combinations for lyrics. (I've tried about 30)

That's 60 to 80 combinations. (Probably more) That would *have* to have brought the desired result.

Let's pretend you're absolutely right about your lyrics, you probably are. Even if you had *misspelled* a word in one of your Googles, it still should have brought something up.

But answer me this question. When you tried all *your* different lyric combinations, did you get anything even *close* to a band or lyrics?

Several people on here have reported that they have tried all kinds of combinations and still got nothing even *close* to the lyrics.

That leads me to believe that the song was never mainstream.

Originally posted by j450n@Nov 29 2005, 11:12 AM
Hey all,

Sorry to burst your bubble but the song you are searching for here does not exist. It was a special loop that was made just for the commercial and what you hear in the commercial is all there is to it.

This was the info that I got straight from the marketing team at Comcast.
Group,

While j450n's post completely supports everything I've been saying, and with no offense to j450n, I'd like a little more 'proof' or some sort of scan of an 'official' letter from Comcast.

Essentially, something verifiable.

I'm *really* not trying to start any trouble here but I'm just not going to give up based on hearsay. (Even though j450n is 'proving' exactly what I've thought all along)

j450n, can you give us a source or contact that we can all verify independently before we kill this thread?

I *promise* I'm not trying to offend, I'd just like a little more info please.

Wiz

P.S. It was probably a 'studio' band that did the recording. Heck, with the equipment that's available, it could even have been just one guy. *But* if there is a band behind this 'loop' they have a career just waiting for them. Read this *VERY Interesting* article: http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,...2,69253,00.html

this thread will never die on my watch.

until we get confirmation of who and what. Who being the band and What being the song title

The band is going to make a lot of money

If it is a garage band who looped a 8 bar chorus.....then...

You know what i think? Comcast is probably scrambling its legal department and the band is contacting their lawyers via the yellow pages.

There is no reason why this song should remain a secret.

Stay the course

Originally posted by wizkid88@Nov 29 2005, 05:02 PM
Group,

While j450n's post completely supports everything I've been saying, and with no offense to j450n, I'd like a little more 'proof' or some sort of scan of an 'official' letter from Comcast.

Essentially, something verifiable.

I'm *really* not trying to start any trouble here but I'm just not going to give up based on hearsay. (Even though j450n is 'proving' exactly what I've thought all along)

j450n, can you give us a source or contact that we can all verify independently before we kill this thread?

I *promise* I'm not trying to offend, I'd just like a little more info please.

Wiz

P.S. It was probably a 'studio' band that did the recording. Heck, with the equipment that's available, it could even have been just one guy. *But* if there is a band behind this 'loop' they have a career just waiting for them. Read this *VERY Interesting* article: http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,...2,69253,00.html
Wiz,

I had a feeling there would be some skepticism towards the earlier post but I am actually a Comcast employee at the Philly headquarters office and the above info came directly from the marketing team. (By the way, they are flattered that the ruin your reputation song has generated this much activity.)

Unfortunately I can't offer you a letter on official letterhead stating this nor can I offer names of the marketing team members without jeopardizing my position here. So no offense meant but if you don't believe the above-posted info then please continue the search - but don't be surprised if you find nothing more than you have already found.

I have tried asking for the name of the band playing the loop but so far have not received an answer on this but will try a few more connections before calling it quits on this.

Mooler,

"Commercials nowadays can be more powerful than a music video."

Ain't it the truth?! Group, hats off to Mooler for starting this thread and giving all of us a place to commiserate!

That quote, by the way, is from the article I mentioned in my last post. It's actually the last line from the article.

And so true it is.

I'm just checking in briefly to say (mostly to mooler) that if it winds up being just you and me (not being gay here:) we *will* prevail. We will find out the story "Behind the Music". LOL

I'm getting *nowhere* with the Comcast website. The only thing I've been able to find is this stupid 'e-mail us' form that I filled out 2 days ago and haven't heard spit since.

Never fear, though, I'm actually originally from Pennsylvania and I'm going back to see some relatives at Christmastime. So if this somehow isn't completely solved to everyone's satisfaction by then; I'll march my little happy ass right into the Comcast headquarters and pull a Michael Moore. (For the uninitiated, that means I'll sit there until I get an answer!)

Again, kudos to mooler for starting this thread.

"Carry on my wayward son...."

Wiz

does anyone have this commercial on the web so i can hear it because the way everyone is talking about it makes me really want to hear it! lol

To Wiz,

Thank you for the compliments...we will prevail. We just have too. I am just getting back from a week long hiatus. ( i was depressed about not finding this song ;)

I started this thread to expose the unjust and unnecessary mental anguish that Comcast has put us through. In fact, they went as far as to not include Closed Captioning on that commericial.

Never the less, if i can capture the audio stream from the TV i will put it on my phone and use it as a ringtone and if anybody asks what song it is, ill just say, Ask Comcast.

I say we keep looking...we will find an answer.

Again, thank you to Wiz and to all who believe

Maybe this will help. The words from the commercial (the way I hear it) are HIGHLIGHTED ALL CAPS.

I could have been an actor
I could have been anything
Just to hear the heart of the lonely sing
And your hospitable world
Since you live in your dreams
You're like a China doll and a rocking house
It's getting harder to scream
But as I stand on this empty stage
With this lifeless idol of mine
THIS IS WHERE MY STORY WILL BE TOLD
AND LET THE STORY UNFOLD

Dream maker, you're looking through the window
Lifesaver, you're looking through the window
Stargazer

Your eyes, your eyes are full of stars
See the light burn out and fade away
Your eyes, your eyes are full of stars
See the light burn out and fade away

She broke the promise, she broke their spell
She opened up the door to Hell
The stage now set, the scenes in place
Never again could she look in his face

Outcast to a prison cell
Of what she made in this world alone
The magic of the bubble burst
A burnt out shell she could no longer call her home
And the nights got colder as she got older
Eyes glazing over and blurring out
As tears rolled down her cheek
And offering so weak too quell the fire in hell

Racing through the night on a roller coaster ride
Taking the fast lane on a Harley
You're waiting for the dating for the the ceremonies to begin
Hanging up too tight on a white knuckle ride
With anger in my guts at all the harlots and the sluts
Broken hearted a broken man, I never saw the end
And went crushing round the blend

Dancing over this lifeless shell
Don't know if I'm going to Heaven or Hell
But time will heal the pain I feel when I come looking for you
And in old age when your final breath came

I waited for you and prayed for you
Your crime and passion now forgiven
Then I saw your eyes in the stars

srry to say but a guy that claims he works for comcast said that its not a real song and was made just for the commercial.

No, please, no. THIS MUST BE A REAL SONG. It has to be. Why would they go to the effort of making a fake song? It's not logical when they could very easily just use some cheesy 80s song.

It has to be real.

monk...i know. they would make tons of money. i know probably every single poster on this thread would buy one. *LOL* i still swear i heard that song in the 80s....if it is a fake song....there was one in the 80s that sounded sooo close it was unbelievable. was it wiz who said he was gonna pull a michael moore??? if not...i hope whoever pulls the michael moore does get an answer cause they don't tell you crap in an email and crap on the 1-800 number. all i ever got was "i'm sorry i can't help you with that" and when asked if they knew someone who could help me i got the same answer "i'm sorry i can't help you with that." *LOL* i thought i was talking to a parrot for a second. *L* i know tho...we will prevail on our quest for comcast songs!!! *LOL* happy holidays y'all. :)

i was just thinking bout wut win24 said, bout how if comcast used a song from a real band they'd have to pay royalties every time the commercial played...what if that song was a real song but the band is not longer around? would they still have to pay someone or what. if the band isn't around anymore you'd think it wouldn't make a different cause they wouldn't have any to pay royalties too.

Maybe this has already been posted, but how about searching for the Ad company that has Comcast, and do some research on them, rather then contacting Comcast? I would imagine Comcast paid some firm to come up with this commercial ... in the meantime I am going to go find a white tee shirt and some jeans and make my own commercial.

I gave up hope. It has to be a song created just for the commercial. There is no other explanation.

ok....I have cracked the mystery!!!!!!! I contacted the ad agency that did the commercial and let them know what a HUGE buzz it has caused in this forum and it seems the entire US of A as well. Anyhow, I asked for any info they could give me and if it was a "real" song or what. The following is the entire reply I received today (including the name of the contact person to validate the authenticity of the reply):

Hi Dorie,

You're right, the Comcast spot (we call it "Air Drummer") has generated
many inquiries about the song. It's not a "real" song per se. It's
called "Love Victim" and was composed exclusively for this commercial
by a NY music company called Pink Noise.

Hope that helps,
Peg Oberste

So, my next inquiry is going to be to Pink Noise to see if there is a full length version of this "song" anywhere. And if there is not, I am going to respectfully suggest that one be made as I am sure the sales of the single would reach astronomical perportions!!!! I will keep you all informed as to my progress and if I get my hands on a full length version, I will be sure to let everyone know. Have a nice day and I will not rest until we will all be rocking out to this song!!!! :lol:

Ok boys and girls....

Pink Noise has said the following:

Dear Dorie,

Thank you so much for your interest in The "Love Victim".

Yes is it us.

We do have a fabulous 3 minute version of the song.

We are just trying to figure out a way to get it out to the fans
in the most economically sensible way for everybody.

Do you have any suggestions.

Thank you so much for your interest, would you please spread the
word that there is a 3 minute version & other songs as well?

Thanks for all your help & consideration.

Sincerely,

Michael Maxwell
Pink Noise, Inc.

So, there we have it....hopefully I can stay in touch with Mr. Maxwell and we can figure out a way to get the song (and possibly others like it) out to the masses. I will keep you all informed!!!!
:peace:

Hey, I'm impressed! I really thought you guys were wasting your time... Kudos! B)

Back