Comcast "Air Drummer" Video Email

I think the singer sounds like the one from Firehouse and the band sounds like Dokken.

I think Comcast used their own so they wouldn't have to pay royalties.

I would buy it too if it was real.

i would definately buy it if it was real. My original thought as well was it does sound like Firehouse. Dokken is a good choice for the instrumentals

it could be some hyrbid side project of those 2 bands together, but i googled the sh*it out of this and I come up with nothing.

Comcast needs to give us some help

Thank GOD I found this place. lol

I've also been searching frantically for this song. I've done google searches, even searched in Limewire for the song. But obviously to no avail. I don't know why but I absolutely love this song. :lol: It has a great beat and I just love the way the guy is rocking out to it in the commercial.

So COMCAST, please help us out here. :p

Oh and by the way, all of you guys are freaking awesome. :)

like you all i have been searching for a couple of songs used on comcast commercials. i know i've heard that song before from the 80s. a power ballad from a group. i did contact comcast and they said that they couldn't help me. at least hp puts the songs that they use on their home page, but now i'm definately gonna turn on the closed caption and see if the lyrics and/or artist comes up. i'm crossing my fingers on that one. thanks. :)

I cannot believe that they couldn't help. Well on second thought I can because they are probably some low level IT people that dont know anything.

anyways, i have made it my life calling to find the name of this song.

We now know it's a real song. At least two people have confirmed that they have heard it.

Maybe Comcast will catch wind of this forum and maybe somebody from comcast will drop a reply and end our madness :angry:

anyways guys, keep up the search.

If we manage to get the song, I will put it in my will that That song will be played at my funeral.

I have a friend who works for omcast .I am going to give him a call to see if there is anyway he can help.

i also wanna add, if anyone can try contacting comcast's promotional department. but then agian they might not give it to you for restriction reasons or something.

For what it may help,

A few thoughts:
I'm a professional musician that grew up with 80's music and power rock.

It's my job to know a lot of songs.

I'm not familiar with this particular song *BUT* it sounds more like one group than any other, by FAR. The group is Foreigner. The lead singer, Lou Gramm also had an illustrious career with more than a few hit singles.

I knew the sound as soon as I heard it but had to think about it for a couple of minutes before it came to me.

But I too, did a few diffrerent Googles only to come up with this page/forum.

So my best guess as a 20+ year music industry professional is that the song is unique to the Comcast commercial.

There's a trend in the industry now (sometimes referred to loosely as 'long tail') whereby a company will put together a whole hard drive full of music by unsigned and fledgling artists looking to get more exposure. They will then sell or lease the entire drive to a company such as Comcast, who will then have one of their people 'search' the drive for just the right song for their commercial.

I can say this much with absolute certainty, the song was never in the Top 10 charts of 80's power ballads because I would have heard it. It was probably never even in the Top 40.

Good luck to us and one day (hopefully soon) we'll solve this mystery.

Wiz

P.S. I'm glad to see I'm not the only obsessive freak out there!! :lol:

i checked out some of this foreigner stuff...sounds like it could be them, i might just not have an ear for it since i think several groups have a sound that could fit the bit. thanks for the info about all the advertising stuff though, even if it affirms that it might not be available

Someone wrote it, someone owns the rights, cut it a finished product & there is money to be made.
Seems like we aren't giving up on this one...so much more then an ad jingle, agree all?

How do we get the word out that we want the "real thing" marketed?

I love Foreigner! But it's not them at all. That is not Lou Gramm singing. I Tivoed that commercial and listened to it over and over..... I still say it sounds like Firehouse or Dokken. It's not them either, but it sure sounds like them.

My closed-captioning didn't work on that commercial, BTW. So someone must not have done it with captioning.

i just realized that this Topic is the most viewed in the forum. I guess we have a lot of closet air drummers :p

im glad i started this Topic. We need to figure it out. NOw that i think about it, does sound like Lou Gramm. We should start emailing members of those bands ie Foreigner, Firehouse...hey its worth a shot.

It would definately be a good thing if we could all get the sound clip of the commercial.
Perhaps Heyyou could get it to mp3 somehow (maybe using a tape recorder holding it to the tv and then using a 1\8 stereo connection plug it into the sound card and record - the quality would suck but at least its something) and then post to a free file server, like yahoo briefcase or something and post the link..that way he wouldnt have to do mass emailing.

Then i could at least run it through my phone and see if they can recognize the song.

Stay the course

thats a pretty tight idea mooler. I could also record the audio off my TV. I also have a program on my computer i could use to help try to better the sound also. The only problem is finding the commercial. It's not on much anymore, so it's hard to know when and where it will come on.

im just wondering why this mystery cant be solved? I mean other songs used in commercials are usually identified within like a week if somebody gives the right information. I just dont get it. But supermonk...excellent idea. Ill check out those sites.

keep breaking the code bit by bit, we'll crack it.

Well I'm a huge 80's AOR/Hard Rock/Metal fan and I don't even know what song this is...but I love it.

If I had to guess I'd say it sounds like Survivor or maybe even 80's era Rainbow. The guy singing sounds to me like Joe Lynn Turner...but every search on Google has brought up nothing. I've posted threads over at melodicrock.com and metalsludge.tv...so I'll let you know if I find out what it is.

TYTAN

Hi Again,

Just going to weigh in briefly with a couple more comments.

First, It's SO exciting to see everybody so fired up about this! If anything I said in my first post was misconstrued as being negative let me set the record straight: I'm as obsessed as everybody else here about finding the song.

I was just trying to help point us in what I think is the right direction based on 2 strong conclusions.

1) As a music professional I've never heard the song. I've heard that *sound* but that song was never a Top 10 hit on any chart in the 80's.

2) When you Google a short lyric line *in quotes*, *spelled correctly* the result is that the song and its' lyrics ALWAYS come up in the 1st page of search results. (For example: type in "relax said the night man" and the whole first page of results brings up "Hotel California" by the Eagles)

It actually works *best* when you use an uncommon line. The key is that it must be in quotes and it should be spelled correctly. I've found EVERY song I've ever looked for using this technique (except this one!!).

--Therefore--

If you type in "a pawn in the game" or even just "pawn in the game" the song should come up. But if not, then adding "let the story" to the search should definitely bring it up.

But more than one of us has Googled the sh*t out of every possible combination and it's not coming up.

That means it is highly unlikely the song was ever in the mainstream.

Therefore, I think our best energy is spent directly on Comcast. I'm going to start by e-mailing every person in their advertising department whose e-mail address I can find.

I'll report back in a day or two with the results.

Don't suppose it would hurt anything if anybody else wanted to do the same thing.

Wiz

P.S. It will be bittersweet when we do find it, since this thread will come to an end :( But as Deep Purple once said, "It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase" !!

P.P.S. Anyone want to put a friendly wager or prize up for the first person to "get it"? ;)

wizkid 88, what if the lyrics airn't "a pawn in the game". I personally think the lyrics are "it's part of the game". the guy that has the commercial on he tivo, you should watch it n post up the lyrics you hear from the song.

mooler, i was just thinking bout your question on what can't this problem be solved. And I think with all the laws and what not there are with the music industry, with liek how Napster got sued, might be why. We might search and search and find nothing. Because of the laws and regulations there are out now, those are probably keeping us from finding the song. and liek said before if its a garage band, especially one that doesn't have any internet media.

Sorry, but I can't capture the commercial. My computer is not in the same room as my Tivo and I didn't save the commercial.

And it's "Love Victim, I'm calling your name." I've watched it a ton of times and that is what he says, well you know...

It's definately got the upper 80's hair band sound, not the lower 80's pop/rock sound like someone suggested.

I've read on other boards about people trying to email Comcast. They just get canned answers-not helping at all.

Hey all,

Sorry to burst your bubble but the song you are searching for here does not exist. It was a special loop that was made just for the commercial and what you hear in the commercial is all there is to it.

This was the info that I got straight from the marketing team at Comcast.

Back