Coca-Cola Coke

Tekk9

Reaction score
It's the one where the camera works its way from the bottom of the glass to the top while it gets filled with Coca-Cola and fizzes. No lyrics as far as I know except, well, "doo doo doo" and nothing much more. Anyone know?

Hi. The song is "The Slider" by the greatest band ever, T. Rex. It is from the album "The Slider". I'm sure it is available from iTunes. You may remember T. Rex as the band who did the original version of "Bang a Gong (Get it On)". Marc Bolan, the creative force behind the band, was one of the original Glam icons of the 1970's. Ironically, T. Rex recorded a jingle for Pepsi in England, and now their music is used for a Coke commercial. I'm sure this is more information then anyone needs.

Sadly, I don't think it's on iTunes, unless I'm wrong, in which case I would be really happy! I saw the commercial earlier today and was wondering what song it was. Even if it isn't on iTunes, thanks for the name!

I just checked, and it is not available on iTunes -- sorry I spoke too soon! But it is a great album. I'll check iTunes first next time! :p

agreed a rad song and a great album. electric warrior is good too. which sorta bummed that they used that song for a coke commerical.. doesnt really remind me of a good song to sell soda. lol

Slider was just re-released in a Deluxe version by Rhino (along with 3 other T. Rex CD's.
4 more are being re-released next week, including Tanx.

Last week when I went to the movies I saw the "You had a good run, rootbeer" commercial that coca cola just released. I have never seen the ad on tv, and there are no words in the song. I would love to know what song is playing while they pour the coke into the glass to make the float. If anyone knows, that would be super!
Thanks alot.

Actually, the ad has been shown on TV too ...

I learned the answer right here at AdTunes ...

T. Rex - "The Slider"

Enjoy!
There you go.

I've already used the search function but couldn't find any inquiries about this commercial. I can't really describe the commercial that well other then that it is all graphically designed with red and white all over the screen. At the end of the commercial the words come up "You've had your run rootbeer" or something like that. The portion of the song that was played didn't have words, but it had people kind of hummin/la-la-ing along. But the main thing I remember was the part about rootbeer. Come on, I'm sure others have seen this as well and would like to know the song.

I feel dumb. I thought I went through each of the threads. Thanks for the help.

does anyone know what this song is, its where they slowly fill the glass up and then say, you had nice run rootbeer. its a coke float

I'm looking for the song in a Coca Cola commercial from a year ot two ago, but I just saw the commercial a few days ago so they still show it every now and then or at least around summertime. The commercial just shows coke being poured into a glass with ice cream in it to make a float, and there are words on the screen reading something like "root beer you had a good run". There are no words in the music but at the end there is singing of "dodododo dodo do"-like sounds.
Any ideas?

Back