Clorox Disinfectant Wipes

Anyone ever heard of Joshua Radin? He's on iTunes and some of his stuff sounds like it might be close, particularly "The Fear You Won't Fall."

I don't think it is Joshua Radin. I have all his stuff. But for those of you who like the clorox song, I highly recommend checking out Josh Radin... And if you want another similar artist that does not do the clorox song, also check out Joe Purdy!

omg i was sooooo going to say joshua radin next!! i think the commercial and him sound wicked similar.. PLUS if you go to his website he is doing alot of stuff for tv shows and movies these days epecially greys anatomy! (which is what reminded me of him sunday) wouldnt it make sense if that was him? hes got unrealesed stuff to!

I finally DVR'd the commercial and made my husband listen to it. Right away he said thats Blind Mellon. I haven't listend to them, is that possible? He says the singer is definatly Shannon Hoon. (yeah, I thought shannon was a girls name too)

You're probably right, Meandthemoon! Its most likely a song that is going to be released soon. Thats why we are having such a hard time with it. I thought I recoginzed him on Grey's Anatomy. Thanks bunches guys. It explains alot.

Sorry, to burst anyone's bubble, but if Blind Melon is releasing something new, then it will be post-humously as Shannon Hoon died of a drug overdose in 1995. I can't believe none of us has ended the mystery surrounding this commercial yet....

I didn't say it was new. I know he is dead. I don't see any bubble. There is new stuff released by the families and labels of dead artists all the time. I don't think it is Joshua radin. I have been listening to his songs and his voice isn't quite the same. It is gorgous though.

Hey guys, I was wondering the artist as well. To me it really sounds like Matt Costa. Look him up, he has some really good music. What you think?

I heard a song from American Wedding... a song from JOSEPH ARTHUR, which sounds exactly like the commercial with the girl dancing with her dad. Could it be JOSEPH ARTHUR's unreleased, or to be released?

checked up on joseph arthur.....very interesting. i could pinpoint two or three songs which very much like the voice on the song, but i would say no more than sufjan stevens.....verygood music, but if it's him, it's unreleased...slim chance though

I have been very intrigued by this post even though I had not heard the song. However, finally heard the song this morning. I thought is was Joshua Radin too, but I have all of his stuff. I hope someone comes up with an answer soon!

Hello -- I am new here...came to see if anyone knew the music in the Clorox ads with the kids in the bathtubs...since then I am pretty sure it is Mercury Rev. I have checked all my cds, but can't come up with the song. Maybe it is from a compilation cd?

:)

I'm the Art Director who worked on the Clorox wipes spot. We worked with a music house to create the song for these spots and it's not commercially available right now. It's a beautiful piece of music, and it's so nice to hear all the positive feedback!

We're talking internally on ways in which we could possible make this music available - we'll keep everyone posted!

Originally posted by cathy10019@Apr 17 2006, 01:21 PM
:)

I'm the Art Director who worked on the Clorox wipes spot. We worked with a music house to create the song for these spots and it's not commercially available right now. It's a beautiful piece of music, and it's so nice to hear all the positive feedback!

We're talking internally on ways in which we could possible make this music available - we'll keep everyone posted!
:D Awesome! Thank you soo much! I've been checking this forum for a while now. The commericals are very beautiful! I love the one this the mom tickling her daughter's feet. The little girl is too darn too. It makes me smile every time I see it.

hey all - i have more answers for you - the singer is Rob Crow, from pinback, thingy, optiganally yours, goblin cock, etc.... his main band Pinback is leaving on a 6 week us tour tonight, so go and see them! pinback.com has the dates.
the song was written especially for the ad. there is info u can take to the bank. rob has some 20+ albums out of wildly varying music - start w pinback though, or some of his solo stuff....

hopefully soon the full song will be released.... keep posting and let clorox know u want it!

i can do you one better. the name of the song is Singing Serpent in San Diego, by Rob Crow, as previously mentioned.
you should be able to find it on one of the limewire networks, but again, it was only made for the commercial, so its pretty brief.

amendment. Singing Serpent isn't the name of the song. it's the name of Rob Crow's production company.
sorry about that. i've been emailing back and forth to different producers from the clorox spots.

im soo excited! its been like 3 months maybe and we finally got some answers. thanks everyone for the help (not to mention all the other great artists we found out about along the way!) B)

I was recently told it it rob crow of pinback fame. he also did the commercial for discoverboating.com. unfortunately the song is not commercially available, it was made for the commercial. but a full release may be upcoming. This is all I know.

Back