Clorox Disinfectant Wipes

The whole thing about Iron and Wine and the postal service. It's the same guy, Ben Glibbard (?) he also has Death cab for cutie. So it doesn't really matter who covered who. They're both great. Check out Mike Doughty and Nada Surf if you like this type of music. I stumbled upon him downloading music from walmart.com.

Hi--Havent heard the clorox song in the commercial that's getting all the attention. Where is the link for the site with the clip? TIA Alison

Okay. These posts are driving me crazy.
So, I looked this up just tonight and found something saying it is Rob Crow from Pinback, but it is not commercially available yet, but may be in the future. If you look up Pinback & listen to some of their stuff, it absolutely sounds like this could be the guy.
OH! AND I read it was just written for the commercial. I am seriously hoping that it does get released, however.

I came to this website to find this song too. Sadly, after searching for the song I found that most people believe Rob Crow from the Pinbacks wrote this song for Clorox and it has not been released commercially. Apparently due to its popularity, it may be released soon, but there was no date regarding this. I found that Rob Crow has a myspace account, so if any of you have a myspace account you could ask him to validate (I think I am one of the few that does not have a myspace account). If you are looking for something along the same style of the Clorox commercial song, I would recommend Rocky Votolato. Every cd is absolutely amazing.

its some type of folky john mayer type song. daughter dances on father's feet, while he dances he's cleanign up after her mess. whats the song???

The commercial shows a father dancing with his young daughter on his feet. He uses the Clorox Wipes to clean up some spilled chinese food, I think. Anyway, it's a slow song. I think I caught "right beside me" as part of the lyrics. [Could be wrong, though.] Anyone know it?

Originally posted by socalsignature@Mar 7 2006, 02:05 AM
the commercial is a mother tickling her baby daughter's feet. spill on the table, mom uses wipes, goes back to laughing with her baby daughter while more tickling ensues....

in the backround i hear this guy singing a song with an acoustic guitar......amazing.

i can't find anything on this.....the only words i could pick up are " the smile in your eyes"

please help!
You are looking for Iron and Wine: "Such great heights" Hope that helps

i found this site quite on accident. i was actually trying to find who did the song to the OTHER clorox commercial, the one with the two boys playing in the mood.its got no vocals, so if anyone figures out who it's by, please let me know.as for the song you guys are all stuck on. i found a link to this guy rob crow's site. supposedly, he did the vocals to the song but someone else did the music.
http://www.functionbad.com/robcrow/index.php?post=18
ill let you guys figure it out.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the likelihood that this song will ever be "released" is pretty much nil.

The spot is a year old and if the DDB and Clorox didn't see fit to pay for internet usage on the music, my guess is (and this guess is *very* educated since I have made about 200 ads for blue-chip clients) that they won't do it now.

Additionally, the probability is that, since it appears Rob Crow was hired as a session singer, Clorox actually owns the composition of the track -- not Rob. If Rob were to attempt to re-record it, he would be up for a lawsuit because Clorox most likely owns the copyright.

In any case, Clorox would have to pay extra to put the track on the internet. Even though they own the track, they have to pay for the exhibitions of the performances (per SAG's commercials contract to which DDB is signatory). They can't just "put it up" without a whole lot of paperwork and money.

My advice -- get a copy of the spot and listen to it over and over. Or better, invest in Mr. Crow's catalog so that, at least, he gets some financial benefit (other than his residuals) and "word of mouth" publicity for this performance.

He's in an indie band, so no matter how much you like the track, he's still going to catch a little hassle from his peers for selling out.

wow, for the longest time i've been following and reading this forum and treading through all 7 pages of posts and finally someone posted a link to the video of the commercial - well, to my surprise it is NOT the clorox commercial i was looking for! but actually the youtube link lead me to another clorox commercial titled "mermaids" and "pirates" - those ARE the commercials i was looking for. and this whole entire time i thought this whole thread was about those clorox commercials! i feel silly, but anyway, does anyone know about THESE clorox commercials and what the songs are:

clorox "mermaids"

clorox "pirates"

thank you!

oh, and i'm glad we now know who sings the other clorox commercial b/c i actually like that one too...

Originally posted by DontFeedMyZombie@Jul 30 2006, 09:55 PM
OK, which is the which? who is singing the " lyin' here dreamin' nothing much has changed with season.........late in the evenin...." this is the one i'm interested in.
that as a matter of fact IS Andrew Rodriguez, I contacted him personally he told be it was from his first "Bodega" record called "Bring Yourself Up" and the name of the song is "Birthday Slice".

FOUND IT!

This is a Toronto based band from 2000'ish called Bodega and the song is called Birthday Girl..

GOOD LUCK

--Lauren

The song is by Rob Crow, however, at the moment is has not been released in its entirety. It is a song he wrote stictly for the Clorox commercials. Although, word has it that, because it has been getting so much positive feedback, we may see a full version in the future. Keep your fingers crossed. http://www.functionbad.com/robcrow/

So, no more commercials for Clorox wipes on YouTube? Does anyone have any other links to the commercials with the song by Rob Crow? I am happy to hear the tune on his website (below), which is good for a little bit, but was wanting to see the 2 commercials again. Thanks!

http://www.functionbad.com/robcrow/sounds.php

In this Windex Wipes commercial, a little girl is dancing with her father to this really great song. She's dancing on top of his feet and its really cute. Can anybody help me out with this one? :D

Back