Clorox Disinfectant Wipes

Omigod, someone please find out who sings this song!!! It haunts you the moment you hear it and then drives you crazy for hours. I was thinking it sounded like Elliot Smith (or at least the stuff he did from Good Will Hunting.) I would just really like to know, as stuff like this will drive me batty until I have the answer. Thanks :)

quick update.....not done by sufjan stevens. i just spoke to his record label, which was actually quite speedy in their reply. apparantly sufjan doesn't do commercials....so that ends that...

hello kids :D . just to let you know i've been following this whole thing from the first time i saw the commercial. so i guess there are other crazy music fans like me. thank goodness theres a site for psychopaths like us. too bad nobody comes on this site knowing the answers. just a brainstorm...the format? the exit? mae? duncan sheik? nick drake? ok those were just ideas....

i'm gonna say definitely not nick drake as i know all his stuff.

duncan shiek would have to really be a lot better than ever before.

those other 2 i never heard of.... yet

I just tried a lyrics search on 3 pages of lyrics sites with the line I know:
"right here beside me soft as the smile in your eyes" - and found nothing!

I found this site a couple days ago and saw the commercial again tonight. Trust me, if I find it, I'll post it here! We'll find it!

the format, the exits, mae, nick drake, and even our duncan sheik....all came up with nothing from my itunes music store search

just for the hell of it i put in what i can reasonably guess as the two possible name of the song.....smile in your eyes, your eyes, besdie me.......and still nothing

Wow, there are actually other people like me out there! When I saw this commercial, I wanted the song. I only saw the one with the Father and Daughter dancing in the living room. I decided to look up the song again tonight and i found this forum.

wow, I'm SO glad that i'm not the only one out there obsessed with this song! lol

i've been checkin here every day to see if anyone's found it- i just emailed clorox to find out who does their PR/Adv and am tryin to find out myself- they're usually good about responding.
Just a random thought- is it just me or does it kind of sound like john mayer? new song perhaps?

ok so i think i might have found out whos in charge of clorox's commercials....i just dont know how to contact her...check out this site: http://www.ana.net/com/ta/taroster.cfm anne hickey is apparently the marketing communcications director?

some other ideas...since google and itunes hasnt been any help, maybe if everyone posted a bulliten on myspace or email then more than the 20 of us on from this site will be looking.

if anyone is really ambitious might try calling their friendly local radio station?

so def not john mayer. i pretty much know every song he's come out with.....even the weird snoopy-ish piano songs he was doing. there's a link on the left hand side on the page that was linked to contact the website. worth a shot. i haven't done it because it's been a late night.....so if anyone's up to it give it a try

It was with a little girl and her father, and the music was like,
Right here beside me, and your smile as soft as somethingsomething....
Looked it up on google, didnt find what I heard.
Anyoonnnee??

Elliot Smith has been dead for a couple years now. I doubt it was him. Is it the same singer as in the Clorox spray ads with the bathtubs "Lying in the evening nothing much has changed with season?" That is the song I was searching for when I found this.

Thanks for mentioning the bathtub ad, JenG! That was the first one I saw, but it doesn't seem to get as much airplay as the other two. I was wondering if all 3 had the same music...

I just heard the baby feet tickling one and I would say its the same singer but not the same song as the bath tub commercial. I like the bathtub one the best! I hope its not something written just for the commercial.

I have been pondering about this song on the Clorox commercials for a couple weeks now...it sounds so-o-o familiar!

I tried contacting them on their website and they e-mailed me back to say they couldn't answer my question. (Nice.) I even posted the question on Yahoo! Answers and someone actually directed me to this forum...it's good to see that others are on the same seemingly neverending quest. Let's hope one of us finds out soon...

i'm sticking it out and not giving up hope on this song...

i emailed the television advertising commitee today and am now waiting for a response. im crossing my fingers that will atleast lead us in the right direction.

tonight i will try emailing a few more radio stations - those djs hear all sorts of music all day long they know their stuff!

unfortuently the commercial does not get alot of play lately..at least i havent seen it much anymore. someone should try and record it..at least the sound

Well the Clorox company is definitely a dead end...sent them an email asking about the song and this is what I got back...names excluded to protect the mostly innocent

Dear Mr. X

Thank you for contacting us about Clorox Disinfecting Wipes - Fresh Scent Tub Refill. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

Unfortunately, I have not been provided with the information you have requested. All of The Clorox Company's advertising is handled by outside agencies. We are not able to disclose the names of those agencies. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

anyway hope we get this figured out soon...this should be way easier.

I think i found the song. the artist: Jack Johnson and song: Better together

I think i found the song. the artist: Jack Johnson and song: Better together

Back