Cingular

CompDude2

Reaction score
Hi,

I saw this commercial during american idol on fox, (3/7/06) and it was a ~new~ cingular commercial. I didnt catch any words, but it showed the usual bars in places, one of them being ladies floating on long flat floats in a pool towards the end of the commercial.
If anyone could help that would be great.

the song:

- sounds vaguely 80's
- has male voices
- is common (definitely common)

the comercial uses a family spending quality time. (best description i could come up with)

ANY HELP - THANKS IN ADVANCE!

thank you so much! i just listened to the whole thing, and i realized that it was in some movie i saw. that's where i remembered it from. thanks again! :D

Does anyone know the name of the song Cingular is using in their commercials right now? Something about "I'll take you home".

Solsbury Hill is the name of the song. (It's stuck in my head right now lol.) I'm not sure who's actually singing it in the commercial because I've heard different versions. Peter Gabriel sings the original version. Erasure did a cover, but somene else may be singing it in the commercial.

Here are the lyrics in case anybody else wants to know:

Solsbury Hill lyrics

Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out of the night
He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
Had to listen had no choice
I did not believe the information
(I) just had to trust imagination
My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."

To keepin' silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut
So I went from day to day
Tho' my life was in a rut
"Till I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut
I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery
"Hey" he said "Grab your things
I've come to take you home."
(Back home.)

When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes but still can see
No on taught them etiquette
I will show another me
Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home."

I didn't pay attention to the words, but its a classic. I've heard it in quite a few places. Theres surfboards stacked up to show the cingular bars in this one.

Thanks,
Scott

I know they've used Sweet Melissa for at least one of their commercials, but I agree with NumyMufn that the song you're looking for is Peter Gabriel - Salsbury Hill.

is there a more recent version (or different song, same music) done by a different artist? i'm pretty sure there was one. if so, which song is that?

I was running out the door when I heard this song. It's a song I've been trying to find for like, years! It's been in several movie trailers, mostly romantic comedies. And I know that in the beginning of the commercial, there's a family standing together, but I have no clue what the commercial was for! It's just a guitar and a male singer. Like everyone always says, if I could hum it, I would! Anyone have any idea?

I'm not guitarest, but it sounds like an easy song to play. If you were to count the rhythm it would go something "1 2 3, and 1 2, 1-2-3" or "slow slow slow, and slow slow, quick quick quick". It's driving me nuts!

OH MY GOD. I LOVE YOU. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to figure that one out. And the while it's been an artist I actually like! Thank you so much!

What is the name of the song that plays in the cingular commercial and has like this simple drum beat in the background with a really nice sounding guitar rift kinda like something you would listen to while driving on the open road. It also has scenes of different images of objects making the shape of bars raising up.

Back