Chappelle's Show

ok, i found the song. as you know, it's by wyclef jean. and it was only a song he did for that show. after listening to it over and over, i wrote out the lyrics in case you are interested:

------------------------------------------------------------
Election time is coming.

If I was president,
I'd get elected on Friday,
Assassinated on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.

If I was president,
If I was president.

An old man told me,
instead of spending
billions on the war,
we can use some of that money,
in the ghetto.
I know some so poor,
when it rains, thats when they shower.
Scream and fight the power,
thats when the vulture devours.

If I was president,
Buried on Sunday.

If I was president
If I was president
If I was president
If I was president

But the radio wont play this.
They call it rebel music.
How can you confuse it?
Children of music

If I was president
Buried on Sunday.

If I was president.
If I was president.

Tell the children the truth, the truth
Christopher Columbus didn't discover america
Tell them the truth, the truth, yeah
Tell them about Marcus Garvey
Tell the children the truth, yeah, the truth
Tell them about Martin Luther King
Tell them the truth, the truth
Tell them about JFK

If I was president
If I was president
I'd get elected on Friday
Assassinated on Saturday
Buried on Sunday

If I was president

If I was president

Yeah, that's the truth right there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

if you'd like the song, send me an IM on AIM. my name is in my profile

In most of the shows on when dave walks out a rap theme is playing. I heard a song on the radio today and it had the same beat in the background but unfortunatley they didnt stop to tell the name of the song between songs. If anyone knows this song please post.

Does anyone know the name of the rapper and the song he did on Chappelle's Show that aired last night (5/02)? It was part of an all-music episode and the rapper had a pianist with him who sang background.

Thanks! :p

I was going to say MOS Def because that is one of Dave's favorite rappers, but I remember him rapping with Dave in the car in that episode. I believe the rapper was Talib Kweli who had the piano player with him.

well, there is this song that has been played in many episodes. a couple i can remember right now are season 2 episode 3 where there's "the three daves" skit. whenever dave is 18, tennessee by arrested development is playing, but when he is 24, this song that i don't know is playing in the background. the song is also playing during the "when keeping it real goes wrong" in season 2 episode 8 where dave is beat up by the 10th degree blackbelt. if you know the song, please let me know

I've been looking for that song, too. It sounds almost like something from a DMX or Ruff Ryders song, but I'm not sure.

Also, you might want to keep in mind that the Chappelle Show occasionally uses music from the FirstCom music library (i.e. the songs heard in the "Mad Real World" sketch). Check out the rap CDs' on that site and see if any songs sound like it at www.firstcom.com.

Okay -- Challenge for adtunes.com forum users!!!!!!!!!! hahah there is a song that plays in the laundromat in "slow motion" scene of one of Chapelle's episodes. It may be remixed version of an original I'm not sure. If I could have title and artist? Thanks to all a million or thanks to the one who finds it...

I'll post my Question here since song seems to be perticularily hard... there is a song that plays in the laundromat in "slow motion" scene of one of Chapelle's episodes. It may be remixed version of an original I'm not sure. If I could have title and artist? I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to the one who finds it...(it may be techno'ish)

Even though you don't like what I and many, many college students like myself consider the greatest thing since the big bang, I'ma gonna help you out. The song, I'm pretty sure, is Sadeness Pt. 1 by Enigma, you can find it on Love, Sensuality, Devotion (their greatest hits). Just to be sure that it's what you are looking for (it's been awhile since I saw that ep or really, listened to Enigma) check out cdnow.com, there's an import EP called Sadeness Pt. 1, it has samples of the song. Best to just buy LSD though, then you all kinds of good Enigma stuff, like Return to Innocence.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

hahaha!! i just saw that episode last night and i heard that song and i was like....i wonder if anyone's going to post about that song? haha! :lol:

Originally posted by user1@May 15 2004, 07:56 PM
I'll post my Question here since song seems to be perticularily hard...
Please stop reposting the same question in different threads and (in the wrong) forum topics. I've merged the two message threads together.

Thanks,

Good tip, JCA. I apologize if i offended anyone with my bi-board posting...

hey does anyone know that one song playing in the backround during Blackzilla on season 1. it sounds so familiar but i can't figure out the name of it

Originally posted by ratboy320@May 16 2004, 10:35 PM
hey does anyone know that one song playing in the backround during Blackzilla on season 1. it sounds so familiar but i can't figure out the name of it
It's called "Simon Sez" by Pharoahe Monch. It's based on the "Godzilla" theme music.

Amelie, that is so weird. That's like that show THE MENTALIST on NBC on Thursday except real. that show was fake, set up, etc. TotallyHank.... I guess I'll pull a Rush Limbaugh but, the only reason Chapelle's Show is sucessful is because black people in perticular are very desirous of "helping their fellow brother" and that boosts the ratings of the show or DVD sales. His jokes are old, stale, or even not funny.

The song that plays when he first comes onto the stage is Hip Hop by Dead Prez

you are such an idiot dude. you act as if dave chappelle is the only writer on the show and as if the only audience for the show is black people. it can be considered funny by almost all people and a lot of those people do find it amusing. as it is with any other comic in the world, he does and says stuff that some people find offensive. that's not some new trend that he started.

Back