Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

Michael Buble sings in the SJP "Lovely" perfume ad... :wub:

Originally posted by sketchyrx@May 10 2006, 09:54 PM
Michael Buble sings in the SJP "Lovely" perfume ad... :wub:
Sexy man right der...:naughty:

I heard David Hyde Pierce on a new fancy coffee commercial. The brand name was something like "Tosimo". It's one of those coffee makers you put the packet into.

Let's see I think I heard Donald Sutherland for Simply Orange and Andrea Bocelli sings in the Barilla pasta commercial. :)

Will Arnett does the Lamisil Toe Fungus Commercials...he even does a little bit whenever he is on Conan O'Brien show too...

steven

The Blue Bunny Caramel Champ ice cream cone is the voice of Fred Stoller. This guy has been on like every sitcom in history as a guest star. He was on Everybody Loves Raymond as cousin Gerard. He was on Seinfeld, the Nanny, Jesse, and a bunch of other stuff you'd recognize him from. He has a very distinctive voice and he's really the funny. The commercial is the one where the ice cream cone stands at a microphone for an audition and he argues with the guy about how to pronounce "caramel".

Ook so I was watching 'Sex Slaves' a Frontline special on PBS and I swear to high heaven that I heard Robert Sean Leonard doing v.o. for 'Vlad'. If anyone else watched it (and prolly no one else noticed) what do you think? :unsure:

jeff bridges does duracell battery commercials, i think. especially the one where the kids falls over playing basketball and he needs the defibrulator

Yeah, I already mentioned Jeff Bridges before, so you are correct. :p I think he also does (or did) v/o in Ameriquest ads.

I recently saw an IBM TV spot that featured the voice of Sam Elliot, who also provides the voice in the American Beef Council radio spots.

Originally posted by capnmunch@Jun 9 2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I already mentioned Jeff Bridges before, so you are correct. :p I think he also does (or did) v/o in Ameriquest ads.

I recently saw an IBM TV spot that featured the voice of Sam Elliot, who also provides the voice in the American Beef Council radio spots.
oh sorry :unsure: i heard the commercial in the background and knew it was him so i thought i'd post ;)

Originally posted by KannD86@May 26 2006, 07:37 AM
The Blue Bunny Caramel Champ ice cream cone is the voice of Fred Stoller.
Yep, I know who Fred Stoller is, although I haven't seen that commercial. He does have a distinct voice, and the only way I can think of to describe it is "Ray Romano-like."

And about Ellen Degeneres - she actually some sort of long-term promotion agreement with AmEx, and she has done many commercials for them. I think it plays into her talk show sometimes too.

But anyway, I'm going for the "weirdest submission" award by kickin' in the fact that Gilbert Gottfried is the voice of the AFLAC duck.

Originally posted by sdnil427+Jun 10 2006, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdnil427 @ Jun 10 2006, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-capnmunch@Jun 9 2006, 02:35 PM

oh sorry :unsure: i heard the commercial in the background and knew it was him so i thought i'd post ;)[/b][/quote]
Sorry if I offended, sdnil—I was just messing around. Trust me, I could care less about such a triviality. B)

In voiceover news: I just realized that voice in the Toyota Camry spots is that of Ed Harris.

Originally posted by neo979@Jun 10 2006, 07:15 PM

But anyway, I'm going for the "weirdest submission" award by kickin' in the fact that Gilbert Gottfried is the voice of the AFLAC duck.
YOU WIN! Damn I never thought about that duck..... <_< :lol:

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jun 29 2006, 08:50 PM
So kids anything new to add? :)
no unfortunately :( this is a fun thread, so hopefully more will pop up :D

Originally posted by neo979@Jun 10 2006, 06:15 PM

Yep, I know who Fred Stoller is, although I haven't seen that commercial. He does have a distinct voice, and the only way I can think of to describe it is "Ray Romano-like."
Yep. In fact, he played Ray's cousin Gerard on Everybody Loves Raymond.

K, there's a new Wendy's commercial with a blue dinosaur and an army sergeant guy, they are toys that come to life for the kids meal or something. The voice of the blue dinosaur is someone I recognize, but can't think of. He has a real specific voice though, I just can't put it together with a face, or another character. Anyone know who it is?

Back