Ask Ravi

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Apr 22 2005, 01:26 PM
go with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. The stop error is 0x0000000A Begining dump of physical memory.
that is good news. (marginally) now it could be OS issue. a reinstall of XP might work.

did you try that memory checker? it comes with a tiny OS. so that would tell you it can boot up with ANY os at all.

Just for future refrence, whenever you buy anything computer related (RAM, processor, motherboard, etc) make sure that it's on the same clock speed or else they will both drop down to the highest common denominator

Hello, I can't seem to veiw this video on the web browser. Theres just a blank screen with windows logo. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Tyrell@Apr 21 2005, 11:14 PM
hm... I have a random music question. Lets say someone recorded vocals at a studio on a "great" mic. And theres a wav file of it. But the levels aren't equally loud in volume, some parts are louder and others are softer. Is there any way using only computer programs like "Cool Edit Pro" to make the vocals be the same volume level? Is there a special termonology for this? :( :huh:
you can adjust the imput level. it might increase the noise though. you can do that in sound recorder, which comes standard with windoz.

Originally posted by Scythe@Apr 22 2005, 12:41 PM
professor ravi; just a random question: everytime i edit my volume (on my pc in my room, not this one) i heard a beep from my pc...not my speakers, my pc :huh:
i'm stomped; i've never heard of anything like that
it happens on my machine too... it always did, but never bothered me!

Originally posted by cultclassic+Apr 25 2005, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Apr 25 2005, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Tyrell@Apr 25 2005, 05:09 PM
Hello, I can't seem to veiw this video on the web browser. Theres just a blank screen with windows logo. Any suggestions?
right click and save...
http://media2.big-boys.com/files/guyfallsonbeach.wmv[/b][/quote]
:woo: :eek:k: Thanks. :)

Do you know why my computer doesn't let those videos run off the browser, is there a code ec that I need to download?

Originally posted by Tyrell@Apr 25 2005, 07:19 PM
Do you know why my computer doesn't let those videos run off the browser, is there a code ec that I need to download?
i don't think it's a codec issue. :unsure:

Ravi, what is that site that lists programs that show up when you hit control+alt+delete and what they do? I know you posted it before but I can't remember what thread and where it went. Thanks!

Thanks! But the file I have a question on isn't on there. I'll see what a google search finds me.

Ok, Google told me nothing. Do you know anything about bgcwhl.exe? McAfee keeps telling me that it wants internet access and I'm keeping it blocked because I have no idea what it is. Thanks guru of all things electronic.

Originally posted by cultclassic+Apr 26 2005, 02:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Apr 26 2005, 02:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scythe@Apr 22 2005, 12:41 PM
professor ravi; just a random question: everytime i edit my volume (on my pc in my room, not this one) i heard a beep from my pc...not my speakers, my pc :huh:
i'm stomped; i've never heard of anything like that
it happens on my machine too... it always did, but never bothered me! [/b][/quote]
yeah, but it didn't use to.....it just did started doing that one day.....come to think of it, it stated when i upgraded one of my games....

Originally posted by Scythe@Apr 27 2005, 05:55 AM
yeah, but it didn't use to.....it just did started doing that one day.....come to think of it, it stated when i upgraded one of my games....
it probably changed your sound scheme from windows default to no sounds. that could change the alerts from speaker to the beeper.

Originally posted by leone@Apr 27 2005, 08:19 PM
Can I ask a non computer question? :unsure:
I think she wants to know if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.. but she got shy and scampered off. :wub:

Back