Ask Ravi

Is there a way to save flash movies (like from albinoblacksheep.com) onto your computer?

Probably not...
If you did, you'd view the html source of the page with the flash file, find the file address for the flash file (should end in .swf) go to Google, type in that address, then right click the address, and save the file. You'd then play it in a flash player...

At least that's what I would do.

Ok then I don't think I do either. The right click "Save As" thing doesn't work, I tried that. Bummer!

Ok, so I did that and saved it as an EXE file and it will play with Quick Time Player but there's no sound. Any suggestions?

Ravi, do you know about Sony minidisc players? My computer won't let me upload music to mine. I have the appropriate software and equipment. It gives me some error message about making sure the minidisc has enough space on it, but it's brand new and I have no exceeded the limit of space, in my playlists. :spidey:

Ravi!! :D I feel like I have so many questions, I hate to keep bothering you!! My latest issue is this: I downloaded Mozilla Firefox (I think on your recommendation, I can't remember who). It's on my laptop and PC, and set as the default browser for both. Problem is, some of the links I click on, or sites I go to, will not open for me in Firefox. I want to take off the default setting, but can not seem to find it ANYWHERE. I see where I can make it my default, but nothing about going back to IE as my default. I want to go back just so those links and things I click on will work. Please help!!! (Anyone else who knows this answer, please feel free to jump in here!)

Thank you! :D

Originally posted by MeganJane@Apr 10 2005, 06:00 PM
Ravi!! :D I feel like I have so many questions, I hate to keep bothering you!! My latest issue is this: I downloaded Mozilla Firefox (I think on your recommendation, I can't remember who). It's on my laptop and PC, and set as the default browser for both. Problem is, some of the links I click on, or sites I go to, will not open for me in Firefox. I want to take off the default setting, but can not seem to find it ANYWHERE. I see where I can make it my default, but nothing about going back to IE as my default. I want to go back just so those links and things I click on will work. Please help!!! (Anyone else who knows this answer, please feel free to jump in here!)

Thank you! :D
go to ControlPanel->Add or Remove Programs. on the left margin on the bottom click on 'Set program access and Defaults' click on 'Custom' and you can set the default browser there.

Which link are you having problem with? I have never faced that, and i'd like to send it as a bug report to FireFox ppl.

Oops, just saw this now! It's the link to Yahoo, when I try to change my avatar in Messenger. Yahoo says they only use IE, so it won't work. I also can't get my google gmail account to work through Firefox. Well, it works, but I can't use the gmail Notifier service they offer (which is a little envelope that sits where the date/ time is, and acts as a quick link to your email. It tells you when there's new mail, and allows you to click on the envelope, and not have to enter your email name and password.) In Firefox, I have to log in each time I want to check my mail; clicking the envelope only takes me to the log in page.

I have trouble daily with logging on to websites through Firefox. It almost always says "can't find xxxxx". Usually on the second or third try it works, but I don't get why it does that. Any ideas?

Originally posted by The Lost Boy@Apr 10 2005, 03:39 PM
Ravi, do you know about Sony minidisc players? My computer won't let me upload music to mine. I have the appropriate software and equipment. It gives me some error message about making sure the minidisc has enough space on it, but it's brand new and I have no exceeded the limit of space, in my playlists. :spidey:
Don't forget about my boy Brandon.. ;)

we are experiencing unusual call volumes. please stay on the line while i look for my minidisc player in one of the boxes i still haven't unpacked... :lol:

Yes sir. The Sony Net MD walkman MZ-N510 Type-S. It came with the Sonic Stage OpenMG version 1.5 software...I downloaded it to my computer and when I plug in the cable it recognizes the device in Real Player, but once it starts recording...it just stops and gives me that same old error message.

I still can't find my Minidisc player.

Brandon, did you check if the MiniDisc is write protected? There is a tab on the disc to do that. That could cause the 'Not enought space' error.

There's no tab on there, Ravi. I've recorded several minidiscs in the past without problems, so I don't understand.

I remember something like a tab. They don't have that anymore? I can't find any discs either, but from the web:
"The 'write protection tab' is the little plastic slider on top-corner of the MD. The tab should be in the closed position to allow recording."

even if the tab is in the correct position, you recorder may be sensing it wrong. if it is some kind of optical sensor, try cleaning it. also try using a MD head cleaner disc.

Umm Ravi?? *batting eyelashes*

How do I do a patent search? :)

Back