A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints

sydnita

Reaction score
I've heard this song since I was a kid, but I can't figure out who it is - there doesn't seem to be a soundtrack for the movie on Amazon, and the song doesn't have any lyrics. It's the scene where Dito and Mike (the Scottish kid, I think that was his name) go to get their money from the gay dog-walking crackhead. He's listening to the song and rocking out and all about it...it's got a mean saxophone hook (never thought I'd say that...I hate the saxophone). If anyone has seen this, you must know what I'm talking about. I hear this song all the time! But can't figure out what it is! HALP!

-Syd

Um...nevermind. I figured it out.

It's 'Baker Street' by Gerry Rafferty, and I was mistaken, there ARE words!

-Syd

Originally posted by sydnita@Apr 23 2007, 11:32 PM
I've heard this song since I was a kid, but I can't figure out who it is - there doesn't seem to be a soundtrack for the movie on Amazon, and the song doesn't have any lyrics. It's the scene where Dito and Mike (the Scottish kid, I think that was his name) go to get their money from the gay dog-walking crackhead. He's listening to the song and rocking out and all about it...it's got a mean saxophone hook (never thought I'd say that...I hate the saxophone). If anyone has seen this, you must know what I'm talking about. I hear this song all the time! But can't figure out what it is! HALP!

-Syd
Good God!

How could you hate a such a fine instrument like the Saxophone? ;)

I am looking for a specific song in Dito Montiel’s 2006, “A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints”. The song plays at the 1:24:00 mark, during the scene where Mike and Dito are trailed and eventually shot at by a teenage boy as they walk home. It’s somewhat spoken word as piano plays behind the lyrics. Below I have transcribed the excerpt.

“Yeah, that’s me.
No conscious,
No conscious,
No conscious these motherfuckers.
Do what they want,
Do exactly what they want.
No conscious,
No conscious these motherfuckers.
You show them what’s up,
What’s right.
You go boy,
You go.
Pow.”

The movie is available to watch for free on Pluto TV, Freevee, Sling, and available to watch given a subscription to Amazon Prime or Peacock on their respective platforms.

I have used song recognition apps, searched through many a credits, and scoured through discographies in attempts to find this song, but to no avail. If anyone recognizes these lyrics, the song, or is able to find it in the ways in which I fell short, please let me know.
I am very invested in the search for this song, and hope that you fellow users, the good people at adtunes, are the savior I’ve been awaiting, thank you.

Back