2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

Originally posted by surfinmuse+Aug 26 2008, 01:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (surfinmuse @ Aug 26 2008, 01:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NewYorkdude@Aug 24 2008, 10:08 PM
Can anyone help out with the instrumental that was playing in the background right before the closing credits when Bob Costas was doing the last few minutes of his wrap up?
The theme is from Stephen Warbeck's "Shakespeare in Love" score. [/b][/quote]
Thanks so much! You rock!

Originally posted by hk43999@Aug 24 2008, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know the music played when Nastia Liukin performed on the floor exercise? It was a great piece!
Nastia Liukin, 2008 Olympic USA team gymnastics champion performed her Olympic medal winning floor routine to music from Well-Tempered Productions, a record label specializing in innovative classical music. The selection entitled 'Variations on Dark Eyes,' was arranged and performed by the Israeli virtuoso pianist Ilan Rechtman and features the violin playing of Lara St. John. The selection is currently only available on a CD recording entitled 'Gypsy.' Ilan Rechtman is the featured artist on two releases on Well-Tempered that will be available in early 2009, "Beethoven in Brazil," and "Rechtman Plays Beethoven, Chopin & Rechtman." The 'Gypsy' CD is available directly from Well-Tempered or Amazon.com. www.welltempered.com
"It is especially interesting to me personally that an athlete with such incredible artistry as Nastia would somehow gravitate to choose this particular recording of the 'Dark Eyes' work, which had so much skill, training, logistics, artistry, and intensity poured into it on every level. I think she must have somehow sensed the energy in it and related to it. I can't imagine it otherwise. For me it is a great compliment."
—Kathy Geisler, producer, Well-Tempered Productions

I'm looking for 3 pieces of music that were used in a gymnastics recap montage that aired during the coverage. It is impossible to describe, so here is a sample of what i'm looking for. Any ideas what the music is?

I found this video clip online... it seemed like an intro/preview/promotion for the games, with this as the background music.

It almost sounds like Harry Potter, or something... or Planet Earth. Planet Harry Potter Earth.

Any suggestions?

Would anyone know the first song played in the Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell feature before the Men's 100M final on August 16? It sounds so familiar, but I can't figure out what it is. Thanks!

Originally posted by nanceq@Sep 2 2008, 03:20 PM
Would anyone know the first song played in the Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell feature before the Men's 100M final on August 16? It sounds so familiar, but I can't figure out what it is. Thanks!
A Tribe Called Quest - "Can I Kick It?"

Originally posted by ssreverb+Sep 2 2008, 07:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ssreverb @ Sep 2 2008, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nanceq@Sep 2 2008, 03:20 PM
A Tribe Called Quest - "Can I Kick It?"[/b][/quote]
Terrific! That's it, thanks so much.

Originally posted by GRM@Aug 22 2008, 06:31 AM
Was watching tivo of olympics from aug 18 around midnight or 1:00 AM aug 19. Wondering if anyone knows intro song when show just started. Some of the words were "its time to see all the places we were born its time to go higher we will go higher we will go higher its too late its too late"
Thanks
This is "Higher" by a band called Mere out of New York. I found it on thier website: mere.net. They also had a different song ("Hold On") on the Olympic Soundtrack with Sheryl Crow, 3 doors down, goo goo dolls, etc.

I know this is done by John Williams and I have already found the original version, however, I am desperately trying to find the tweaked version that NBC used - I noticed ONLY in the prime time broadcast - where, after the trumpet intro, there's a deep bass boom of a drum and then a drum sequence followed with Bob Costas voiceover highlighting the upcoming events.

Anyone have a clue how to get a hold of this version?

What Was the Intro Music (Version) For NBC 2008 Olympics Prime Time Broadcasts?

I know this is done by John Williams and I have already found the original version, however, I am desperately trying to find the tweaked version that NBC used - I noticed ONLY in the prime time broadcast - where, after the trumpet intro, there's a deep bass boom of a drum and then a drum sequence followed with Bob Costas voiceover highlighting the upcoming events.

Anyone have a clue how to get a hold of this version?

Music used inside Olympic venue - Chinese pop?

Hi everyone. There's a song that was played after a girls trampoline routine inside the venue at the Beijing Olympics. I need to find out what the name/ singer is of the song. I think it's Chinese pop - Madarin, Cantonese maybe, I have no idea. I've tried searching the top Chinese pop songs for 2008 and it wasn't one of the them. If you can help me I would so appreciate it! I absolutely must find out what this song is. It plays at the 2:52 mark of the video. Thanks!

Back