Friends

Captain Trapeze

Reaction score
Anyone know what that acoustic guitar piece at the end of the Friends finale was? I know I've heard it before, so I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out what it was.

Did you figure it out yet? I think it is something by JORMA KAUKONEN or Hot Tuna, but can not think of the name of the song.

Ok....totally killing me here....as Rachel was walking onto the plane, there was a bluesy guitar lick playing - sounds like Jimi Hendrix's 'Angel' but I'm 99% sure it's not and it's from another song....anyone know which one?

Peace

Are you talking about the acoustic version of "Black" by Pearl Jam? :unsure: I heard that about 45 min into the episode. She walked onto the plane more than once didn't she?

Yeah, that's the right song. It's on Pearl Jam's album "Ten" -- you can hear an audio sample of "Black" in the link.

Ok....totally killing me here....as Rachel was walking onto the plane, there was a bluesy guitar lick playing - sounds like Jimi Hendrix's 'Angel' but I'm 99% sure it's not and it's from another song....anyone know which one?

No the song you are talking about is Hendrix's version of "Little Wing".

What about the guitar at the very, very end of the show?

There was a piece of "Little Wing" during the show? I totaly missed that. Wonder if it was Jimi or Stevie Ray?
Anyway I have no clue about the music at the end. Nice though.

I am almost positive it was Hendrix but they do sound a lot alike.

Jorma Kaukonen rings a bell, but he may have recorded the song when he was in Jefferson Airplane.

Okay, got it. It's "Embryonic Journey" that is on Jefferson Airplane's album Surrealistic Pillow.

YES!!!! It's totally 'Yellow Leadbetter' - fantastic! Muchly appreciated....and apologies for mixing up - thinking 'Little Wing' and writing down 'Angel'...sadly I woke up about 3 this morning and realized that...
Anyhoo, thanks a tonne!

I know millions upon millions of people watched Friends last night.
Hopefully some of you also watched the tribute special that was on before it, from 8 to 9.
At the end, they had a clip from the first or second season with everyone sitting in the coffee shop, and they start whistling a tune.
I think it's the theme to an old TV show.
The Odd Couple, possibly?
Anyone know?

Originally posted by Captain Trapeze@May 7 2004, 06:34 AM
Okay, got it. It's "Embryonic Journey" that is on Jefferson Airplane's album Surrealistic Pillow.
Thanks for figuring it out! Here's a link to that album at Amazon.

Sorry for the Hendrix error. And of course Pearl Jam does a cover of Little Wing to even confuse me more. But you guys got it right.

Jefferson Airplane. Nice job. I was searching for the name of the same piece unsuccessfully, which is what brought me here.

does anyone out there know what the songs called from the series friends in the episode where they all go to vegas.....its got the lyric "money,money,money,money" in a kinda haunting sound playing with a guitar rift..its been on loads of trailers and stuff but i cant seem to find it anywhere

Back