Women's gymnastic -- floor exercise routine music

Vin

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the women's gymnastic event? I would like to know if anybody knows the song that gynmast Mohini Bhardwaj and Daniela Sofronie did their floor exercise. The song that Bhardwaj used sounds tribal and the one that Sofronie used is Spanish.

Thanks. :)

I don't think so for these ones because one of the Romanian gymnasts' floor exercise music is the instrumental version of Gloria Estafan's "Turn The Beat Around". They may mix various music for the routine though.

Yeah they always use established pieces of some kind to the best of my knowledge.

I looked around for info on the piece used by Sofronie as I also liked it but found nada.

The piece used by Bhardwaj was definitely middle eastern in, I'm assuming, tribute to her heritage. Not sure what that is exactly as far as the country though but it might be a place to start.

Anyone see the Olympics Gymnastic Floor Excercises yesterday with Romania. There was this Arab/Greek Techno or dance song playing while one of the Romanians were doing their excercise. Anyone know what song Im talking about? It not very slow or very fast. Its hard to explain.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 18 2004, 01:40 AM
Yeah they always use established pieces of some kind to the best of my knowledge.

I looked around for info on the piece used by Sofronie as I also liked it but found nada.

The piece used by Bhardwaj was definitely middle eastern in, I'm assuming, tribute to her heritage. Not sure what that is exactly as far as the country though but it might be a place to start.
yea thats the one Im looking for when one of the romanians were doing their floor excercises - Ive heard it at techno/dance clubs too now and then it sounds Arab or Greek mixed with techno. I also posted asking about that song here

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=27&t=5699

Please help us find that song - I want it badly

Mohini Bhardwaj is on the U.S. team. To my recollection, her music is not Arab/Greek. I think the music you're looking for is from Catalina Ponor's exercise routine. Looks like we're looking for 3 songs now! :D

Originally posted by Vin@Aug 18 2004, 10:25 AM
Mohini Bhardwaj is on the U.S. team. To my recollection, her music is not Arab/Greek. I think the music you're looking for is from Catalina Ponor's exercise routine. Looks like we're looking for 3 songs now! :D
yea thats the one

My friend just heard it again when they were interviewing someone on TV - They didnt mention what song it was though

I did not see the event, but I'll mention a dance track with Greek vocals that has been popular in the past year: "Gia" by Despina Vandi (I like the DJ Gregory remix). Maybe this is the track you're looking for, or another track by Despina Vandi.

Originally posted by djflowerz@Aug 20 2004, 12:41 PM
I did not see the event, but I'll mention a dance track with Greek vocals that has been popular in the past year: "Gia" by Despina Vandi (I like the DJ Gregory remix). Maybe this is the track you're looking for, or another track by Despina Vandi.
Thank You I love you :) - thats the one!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million :p

Just for anyone who's curious, because I was, the gymnast who performed to "Gia" by Despina Vandi was Catalina Ponnor (excuse the spelling) from Romania.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 18 2004, 01:40 AM
Are you sure she's of Middle Eastern descent? I'm pretty sure that she's half Indian and half Russian. Maybe I'm confusing her with someone else.

For what it's worth, you can read her bio here:

Bhardwaj's mother, Kaushal, is from Russia and her father, Indu, is from India. The couple met in Canada. Bhardwaj has one younger brother, Arun, who is a former gymnast. Mohini means "illusion" in Hindi. She was born in Philadelphia and moved shortly thereafter to Cincinnati, where she started gymnastics at age 4.

Actually no I'm not.
I was drawing that conclusion based on her name, her appearance, and the sound of the music she used. :blush: So if you have a bio then that's the way to go.
I was totally blown away to read that the music was supposedly greek. :eek: So....

Still looking for the latin classical sounding piece used by Sofronie though.

Still looking for the latin classical sounding piece used by Sofronie though

Same here. Anyone has any leads so far?

Sofronie's music was Marbella. The artist is Armik ( On a Greatest Hits release)and the record label is Baja/TSR. Found a clip of it at TowerRecords.com. Hope this helps.
Madcamel

Originally posted by madcamel@Sep 1 2004, 04:01 PM
Sofronie's music was Marbella. The artist is Armik
Thanks for posting the info!

An audio sample of the song is available here, track 2.

Thanks madcamel. ;)

I can't even remember exactly how it sounded anymore but you can't go wrong with classical latin acoustic guitar. :D

Has anyone figured out the song to Mohini's floor routine? I am looking for it as well. Thanks!

-Brett

Back