Vans sneaker commerical music [w/ link]

I don't recognize the track, but I would guess it was done for the commercial from the way it sounds (lotsa "sample CD" sound bites, record scratches and different drum loops every 2 seconds). But, like I said, I never heard this track and I don't know where it came from.

If you've ever played the snowboarding game SSX lots of songs on their sound the same way. But thank you for the suggestion.

It was most definitely NOT made for the commercial.

Circle Jerks (band name) - Wild In The Streets.

I reccomend you pick up Gig or Group Sex. They're a great band, the rest of their songs also have the same contagious energy and style to them.

Originally posted by pinedog@Aug 12 2004, 08:39 PM
It was most definitely NOT made for the commercial.

Circle Jerks (band name) - Wild In The Streets.
You can find the song (and listen to an audio sample, track 1) on their album of the same name, "Wild In the Streets."

If you click the link and listen to the music in the video it is clearly not wild in the streets nor is it even in the same genre of music. The one in the video sounds like drum and bass or some sort or triphop techno.

Originally posted by Ironchef Persia@Aug 10 2004, 01:19 PM
If you've ever played the snowboarding game SSX lots of songs on their sound the same way. But thank you for the suggestion.
Well, the song is definitely not by Circle Jerks

... and the reason I said it sounds like it was done for the commercial was not because of the genre or style, but rather because of the structure (but that doesn't really help much since I have no idea about the song either way... but I do know it is not Circle Jerks :) ).

surely someone must know! i mean, jesus, some of the things people have found on this forum are insane.

Have any of you tried contacting Vans and asking them if they know the music or the agency that produced the spot?

Ok, I emailed the communications manager for vans and asked about the music and got this responce:

"hey, the track is by a la-based dj/composer adam weissman. he's doing work
with the production company of our spots, windowseat pictures."

Well Im going to try and get the email address for the dj and the company.

I just got a bunch of emails back, and apparently it was. It apears the composer is working on film more so than music, so I wouldnt expect an extended version. He does have a cd out though. He worked with a band called crazy town during their last release.

Back