Update

:( It's sad because soon all the teeny boppers are gonna know what Decepticons are.

I hope they make that ch-ch-ch-ch noise when they transform in the movie, that'd be so rad.

You HAVE to, it's a rite of passage to see things like this and then bitch about how much better it was when you were a kid.

Jesus christ you're a wet blanket. OK I'll go to the movie and send you rapid-fire pictures with my cell, and you can print em out and make a flip book. The best part is you can make your own dialogue.

"Hello there I'm a robot."

"Hi me too!"

"Let's go rassle bears! Ch-ch-ch-ch."

Sorry guys, I have to vent again. :(

When I picked Connor up from daycare on Friday his teacher said this to me:
Teacher: "He threw up earlier today. And then I gave him his ear drops (for his ear infection) and a bit later it looked like his nose was running but it was coming out of his ear."

Me: :huh:

So I take him home and go to put more drops in his ear and I see that it is filled up with that yucky stuff she was talking about. I paged his doctor and they called back and told us to take him to the after hours clinic. (yet again, for the 4th time in 3 weeks :angry: )
They said at the clinic that his eardrum had ruptured because he didn't take to the first antibiotic apparently. They gave us a stronger antibiotic and said to have the doctor test his hearing in 14days. :(

THENNNNN, last night he kinda developed this weird seal-like cough and didn't sleep but maybe 45 min all night. This morning he was breathing weird and making add sounds so I paged his doctor again and she called back. Before I could explain what his symptoms were she said, "Is that him I hear in the background??!!" I told her yes and she said that didn't sound good at all and that she was going to hang up and wanted me to call 911 as soon as she did. :blink: :( Sean said we would just drive him since we are right by the hospital and we could tell that he was breathing but it was just difficult for him.

We spent all morning in the ER and they did this breathing treatment for him (something that they do for asthma attacks I guess) and gave him some steroids to make his bronchial tubes stop swelling. He has croup? coup? I can't remember how it's exactly spelled.

Anyway, I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so bad for him. It's like once he gets over one thing then something else develops. :( There is some good news though. They said that the eardrum rupturing relieved a lot of pain for him and also his bell's palsy is almost completely gone.

Did they say anything about the steroids in connection with his repeated illnesses? Cause if I'm not mistaken, (and I could completely be off the mark here) prednisone can depress the immune system...?? :unsure:

]aw i'm sorry to hear that rhonda~!! i have a friend who has had bell's palsy, and i know connor will be just fine~! and don't worry, my sister and her baby boy, there was a period where he just kept getting sick, but he's just fine and dandy now...he had had a fever, the flu, vomiting, got better, then ear infection, coughing, runny nose and what-have-you. just be the good parents that you are and he will be very healthy.

is there anyway you can speak to the supervisor rather than just the one teacher? i'm only jumping into this convo halfway in, but tell them that your doctor specifically said that it was apparent that connor hadn't received the medicine as you had firmly instructed. you'll have to be a bitch about it...and it will be worth it.

Thanks Steph. It's good to hear that. Most everyone is telling us that his immune system needs to build and then he will be fine.

As far as the steriods, :unsure: I have no idea. I'll have to do some googling though. Thanks.

Sorry, I must have worded that wrong. It wasn't that the teacher wasn't giving him his medicine, it was more like the antibiotic had no effect on him and he needed something stronger. He was getting the medicine because we were doing in before and after daycare. She was just supposed to do ear drops during the day sometime which she did.

I've heard that from the parents lately. The get one antibiotic and it doesn't go away so they have to get an even stronger one..it's like 'superinfection' for babies. And God, they're so miserable I can tell just by looking at them...but he'll get all better. Fingers crossed. :)

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jul 16 2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry, I must have worded that wrong. It wasn't that the teacher wasn't giving him his medicine, it was more like the antibiotic had no effect on him and he needed something stronger. He was getting the medicine because we were doing in before and after daycare. She was just supposed to do ear drops during the day sometime which she did.
oops my bad~! no, i probably read it wrong. i've had pretty much the worst emotional rollercoaster of a week, so i'm probably just on the defense~!

but i'm thinking happy thoughts for you and your family :)

Back