Unknown Alternative Song

wisconsin momento

Reaction score
There's a song out there that the alternative radio stations play occasionally that I need help identifying. The guitar line has an echoing effect to it, some where between light and heavy and the melody along with the lyrics have this marching band-like sound or dueling feel to it. It sounds like Flaming Lips but they have some much music it would take too long to sample each clip on Amazon. Any thoughts?

I don't think that's it.

For a while, sports shows and even Monday Night Football used this song as background music while segwaying from a commercial breaks. Think of the song 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' by The Verve. The song I'm looking for sounds like that.

I thought of some more bands that have music that sounds like the song I'm looking for. They are called The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, and The Strokes. Help?

Have you tried "Fight Test" by The Flaming Lips—it doesn't really sound like "Bitter Sweet Symphony" but what song does.

Originally posted by capnmunch@Jun 8 2006, 05:43 PM
Have you tried "Fight Test" by The Flaming Lips—it doesn't really sound like "Bitter Sweet Symphony" but what song does.
Hahaha. :lol:

Originally posted by capnmunch@Jun 8 2006, 05:43 PM
The Rolling Stones symphonic version of The Last Time?

Originally posted by proof+Jun 8 2006, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (proof @ Jun 8 2006, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-capnmunch@Jun 8 2006, 05:43 PM
The Rolling Stones symphonic version of The Last Time?[/b][/quote]
I knew someone would bite. :D And it's actually Andrew Loog Oldham's orchestral arrangement, or "symphonic version" as you put it, of The Rolling Stones' "The Last Time." ;)

Those don't match either. :unsure: I wish alternative radio wasn't so scarce around these parts of the mid-west. Next time I hear the song I'll try to remember the lyrics.

It's possible the song I am looking for is on one of the volumes of the NOW! That's what i call music series.

That's not it but I did some more searching and found "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand. It's the closest thing but not exact. The melody and notes are almost the same but my song is a little lighter on the guitar.

The Flaming Lips - "Do You Realize". or Radio 4 - "Dance To The Underground".

Back