Alternative bands

willbraham

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hey Its willbraham da fan of all music. Im looking for some good alternative bands in an era of pop, indie, emo, punk, folk fusion. now i listen to every genre listed there but much of the music comes out flacid and over produced, i.e. fall out boy, sorry for the name drop but im no 13 yr old girl so i thought that band would be appropiate. sorry for the F.O.B. fans, im not trying to hate, kinda. anyways im looking for something along the lines of our lady peace, mathew good band, eve 6, harvey danger, ect. mid to late nineties sounding type stuff basically. something that doesnt sound like it was saturated in some teens' ass who lives in laguna beach if you catch my drift.

Thanks friends. I also want to mention the promise ring, benton falls, piebald, hum, and jets to brazil. if ppl keep posting on this thread to make it larger with an array of likewise bands, i will continue to repost more bands that i know of and specific songs. thanks for the interest so far.
Rock n' roll~Sean Bateman

great replies folks. if i could ask a favor pls no one post nickle back as one of these bands. that is the direction i dont want to go. if you do post nickleback i might blow my brains out. I love anberlin, thanks for that one. is :unsure: a band? versus and allele are both bad ass bands thanks for those. third eye blind, taking back sunday good too. just remember the nickle back esque bands can go to another thread. nothing too soft. for instance our lady peace sings about depression a lot, third eye blind sings about meth addiction, mathew good band sings about society and medias influence. i dont want any dumbass songs about some kenny g look a like getting head or some schmo thinking hes superman and his ex girlfriends puss is kryptonite. i like there to be deeper subtext. but thats just me. anyways keep posting. thanks again.

Sa'mor Bands wit a sample song for ya tasting.

Vast-Pretty when you cry
SneakerPimps-Velvet divorce
Slowride-Money
Silverchair-Ana's song (open fire)
Filter-Where do we go from here
Povi-Red
The Appleseed Cast-Fight song
Jawbreaker-Jet black

Enjizzat thee-ease

P.s.
Member this is for alternative music. sneakerpimps and povi are cutting it close but please no opera or rap or anything else irrevelant to alt music. i know most music is fusioned with each other now-a-days so ill let you decide. and no f*ucking nickleback! thanks. peace

Escape From Earth Myspace

12 Stones
Better Than Ezra
Barenaked Ladies
3rd Strike
4Lyn
32 Leaves
"A"
Alkaline Trio

Check out pandora.com too!!

I seens you infectin' the net wiff da back a' nickles. it aint fair to hear no such combinings of nonsenseses if i ever did speak for da people as i live, yup.

Zebrahead
Rock N' Roll Soldiers
Senses Fail
Silvertide
Story Of The Year

I saw that thing on mtv about the rock and roll soldiers. they look like pretty pussy guys who would do anything but made crap music for the man....but they might be cool. the dillinger escape plan was sick. ill try silvertide. also liked 32 leaves. thanks peace

Sparta! (the other half of At The Drive In)

If you want brit rock then I recommend getting the new Bloc party album

Yes...
If you like Stabbing Westward...try the band MUSE! I met them, they're great guys. Try the song "Hysteria" you may like it.

you might also want to try mentake, amber pacific, five for fighting, crossfade, incubus............ as well I wanted to thank some of you as i enjoyed the bands mathew good band, alelle, and anberlin a lot!

No nicklebacks pls. is crossfade like a nickleback? listening to mentake and amber pacific right now, thanks for those. i'm liking amber more then men.....your welcome for the mathew good band; he also has a solo album thats on par and a lot of times better than beautiful midnight which is the first album and most acclaimed of the bands, i think. the solo album is called avalanche but sounds pretty much like an extension of BM in a good way. thanks for the posts, heres some more bands that i said i would share.

the matches-destination: nowhere near(punk/alt)
arab strap-dream sequence(rock)
the artic monkeys-leave before the lights come on(alt/rock/pop)
azure ray-displaced(fem.voc./rock/folk/alt/indie/pop/punk)
bedouin soundclash-criminal(ska/reg./alt)
ben folds five-selfless,cold and composed(rock[piano])
the bled-porcelain hearts and hammers for teeth(rock/hardcore/punk/metal)
the blood brothers-i know where the canaries go(rock/hardcore/punk/metal)
cat power-werewolf(fem.voc./rock/blues/alt/folk)
circa survive-wish resign(rock/alt)
coco rosie-noah's ark(fem.voc./rock/alt/folk/experimental)
comeback kid-lorelei(rock/alt/punk/metal)
copeland-california(alt/rock/punk/emo)
damien rice-the blowers daughter(alt/rock/blues/mal.voc./folk/indie)
david gray-say hello wave goodbye(alt/rock/blues/mal.voc/folk/pop)
emily haines-pretty head(alt/punk/rock/fem.voc./indie)
from autumn to ashes-short stories with tragic endings(rock/alt/punk/metal/emo)

thats all for now. i tried to catergorize them better for ppls tastes so enjoy da sample. take a taste. thanks again for the new bands. peace to the east.

ps no f-ucking nicklebacks prease try again.

Back