Travel Channel "Be A ..."

I dont understand how even the producer of the commercial doesnt know what music is on his own commercial.... I think the person you emailed wasnt the actual producer and if he is then he sucks because I'm going to remember my own work.

Has anyone checked www.615music.com? Almost every local news outfit uses their music. They have tons of cd's.... anyone know if travel channel has worked with them in the past?

Originally posted by Collective Unconsciousness@Dec 10 2006, 07:49 PM
I dont understand how even the producer of the commercial doesnt know what music is on his own commercial.... I think the person you emailed wasnt the actual producer and if he is then he sucks because I'm going to remember my own work.
whoever said that anyone e-mailed a producer. That is the problem, we cannot find anyone who made the commercial. Oh, and by the way if anyone can find the ad-company that the travel channel works with I have a lot of free time and I know a few people so I can do some research. I cannot find who made it but if someone else can then I would be willing to do some more work on it.

Someone finally posted the right answer on one of the YouTube threads. (Credit to jduble45 at www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGuvuy7FaR4)

The music is a variation of the Coldplay song "Clocks" from the album A Rush of Blood to the Head. The song itself isn't quite as rockin' as the ad music, but it's most definitely the same melody.

So there you have it.

No, not really. What your thinkning of is the pianoish backup. In the commercial, there is a stronger melody which seems to be absent in said song.

wow, I cannot believe that someone thought that is the right song. I love coldplay and have listened to "clocks" over and over and if any song or band was to cross my mind about this commercial it definitely would not be that song. It is not even close. If you had to pick a popular band then I would go with the killers. This song seems a lot like something they would do.

Doesn't even come close if you ask me.

Alright, so obviously this isn't working. Does someone else have any idea how we should change the strategy?

Hey everyone...while I don't have an answer for ya yet, I just wanted to pop in and mention that I work for Discovery, the folks behind the Travel Channel (on-air operations...far removed from the promo people), I've heard and seen the spot you're talking about about a billion times, and wondered myself where that awesome music is from. I'm making it my personal mission to settle this one, once and for all!
I'm 98% sure it was specially commissioned for the network and not commercially available, but to make sure, I'll do some emailing around from inside to find out! Stay tuned, adtuners!

Hmm kind of sounds like Alternative Minds by Jay Condiotti though the opening is different but meh.

Yeah I was listening to both today and thought "Hmm I heard that before" it may be possible that he did an original scoring for them combining both.

I frequent that site alot, Jay makes a lot of good music, just search through there.

Hey everyone...while I don't have an answer for ya yet, I just wanted to pop in and mention that I work for Discovery, the folks behind the Travel Channel (on-air operations...far removed from the promo people), I've heard and seen the spot you're talking about about a billion times, and wondered myself where that awesome music is from. I'm making it my personal mission to settle this one, once and for all!
I'm 98% sure it was specially commissioned for the network and not commercially available, but to make sure, I'll do some emailing around from inside to find out! Stay tuned, adtuners!

Fantastic! Now when you say "not commercially available" could it be privately available?

If people can post youtube links which play the song can i post a file that has the mp3 of the youtube video? I don't see the difference.

If people can post youtube links which play the song can i post a file that has the mp3 of the youtube video? I don't see the difference.

Ask the Mods about it

Hello all...long time reader, first time poster...This is insane..Not one person in the world (literally) besides the person who wrote this song and/or the producer of the commercial knows the name/artist of the song..unflipping believable....This whole situation gives me hives...I have been checking this forum religiously for the last 2 months with not one person in the whole world having any real "leads"...Any ideas on how we can get this song title or artist name?? I do not think I can die a happy man w/o any closure to this debacle..I would call for some sort of "boycott" of the Travel Channel, but then I could not here the music to that commercial...I just can't win :blink:

Well put Billygoat however you'd miss some of the good shows they have on air. I can't belive someone from the travel channel (or the Discovery network) hasn't noticed a post from this website or any other website. Many posts on youtube and other websites are also asking about the music.

Doesn't the Travel Channel have a discussion forum on ther website? I know the Dicovery channel does and they are the same thing. Maybe someone wants to try posting on that? (Or should I?)

Back